Research Papers - 2019
Research Papers posted are available in PDF format ONLY. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the PDF version of the document.
- Interface Reactions Responsible for Run-Out in Active Brazing: Part 2
It was discovered that minimizing aluminum content in the filler metal will help mitigate run-out in braze joints between two Kovar™ base materials and Ag-XAl filler metals.
by P. T. Vianco et al.
- Local Structural Changes during Martensite Decomposition in Cr-Mo Steel Dissimilar Weldments
Local structure changes with different postweld heat treatment durations in the soft zone of a dissimilar metal joint were investigated.
by S. Petchsang et al.
- Cross-Weld Creep Performance in Grade 91 Steel: Macro-Based Assessment
Detailed hardness mapping and damage evaluation supported the observation that damage occurred in a region in the HAZ not characterized by a local reduction in hardness values.
by J. A. Siefert et al.
- Weldability of Duplex Stainless Steels – Thermal Cycle and Nitrogen Effects
These findings should allow fabricators to better design the welding process with duplex stainless steels.
by B. Varbai et al.
- Effect of Multiple Weld Thermal Cycles on HSLA-100 Steel
All regions of the base metal and heat-affected zone with the exception of the coarse-grained heat-affected zone exhibited toughness values above the minimum requirements.
by J. E. Duch and J. N. DuPont
- Stress Relief Cracking Susceptibility in High Temperature Alloys
A newly proposed test procedure and susceptibility index provide a robust approach for studying and ranking the stress relief cracking susceptibility of engineering alloys.
by R. Kant and J. DuPont
- Austenitic Stainless Steel Cladding Interface Microstructures Evaluated for Petrochemical Applications
Metallurgically bonded claddings generated by three different methods were systematically generated and compared to evaluate their advantages and limitations.
by N. Switzner and Z. Yu
- The Mechanical Performance of Sn-Pb Solder Joints on LTCC Substrates
This study evaluated the properties of a thin-film metallization layer deposited on low-temperature co-fired ceramic base materials.
by P. Vianco et al.
- Corrosion Behaviors of CMT Spot-Joined AA6022-T4 to Galvanized DC03
Postweld e-coating of cold metal transfer welded aluminum to steel joints provide a high level of corrosion protection.
by H. Y. Lei et al.
Become a Skilled Tradeperson
The demand for most trades is strong and getting stronger. The U.S. Department of Labor forecasts healthy growth in the neighborhood of 8 to 9 percent over the next decade. Jobs associated with building and rebuilding roads, bridges, water, and the power grid are expected to grow by double-digit percentages–faster than the overall economy.