Research Papers - 2018
Research Papers posted are available in PDF format ONLY. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the PDF version of the document.
- Hot Wire-Assisted Gas Metal Arc Welding of Ni-Based Hardfacing
An additional hot wire influenced the degradation behavior and distribution of fused tungsten carbides.
by K. Günther et al.
- Measurement of Calibrated Recursive Analytic in the Gas Tungsten Arc Weld Pool Model
Weld cross sections were used to verify a recursive model calibrated by measurements of the 3D weld pool surface.
by S. J. Wu et al.
- Effects of Electrode Surface Topography on Aluminum Resistance Spot Welding
Three types of electrode face designs were studied to see how electrode face topography can influence resistance heat generation and electrode cooling effects.
by L. Deng et al.
- Online Inspection of Weld Quality in Ultrasonic Welding of Carbon Fiber/Polyamide 66 without Energy Directors
A method for evaluating ultrasonic weld quality based on target horn displacement and duration was developed.
by Q. Zhi et al.
- The Effect of Postweld Heat Treatment on Hydrogen-Assisted Cracking of F22/625 Overlays
A range of postweld heat treatment conditions was evaluated to determine susceptibility to hydrogen-assisted cracking.
by T. Dai et al.
- Arc Behavior and Droplet Dynamics of AC GTAW-GMAW Hybrid Indirect Arc
Waveform parameters and the position of the wire and tungsten electrodes were studied to determine their effects on arc behavior and droplet dynamics.
by T. Amaya et al.
- Interface Reactions Responsible for Run-Out in Active Brazing: Part 1
Run-out was predicted when the filler metal had a locally elevated Al content exceeding 2 to 5 wt−%.
by P. T. Vianco et al.
- Solidification Cracking Mechanism of Carbon Steel Weld Metal
Studies showed the solidification cracking susceptibility of carbon steel increased with increasing travel speed.
by T. Amaya et al.
- Toward Process-Based Quality through a Fundamental Understanding of Weld Microstructural Evolution
The 2017 Adams Lecture discusses qualifying welded components by integrating software and hardware tools capable of describing physical processes that occur during welding.
by S. S. Babu
- Single-Sided Ultrasonic Welding of CF/Nylon 6 Composite without Energy Directors
A fundamental understanding was developed for improving design flexibility of ultrasonic welded assembly processes that occur during welding.
by L.-Y. Chen et al.
- The Aging Effects of Aluminum Magnesium Alloy Welding Wires
Changes in winding diameter, vaporable containment, adhesion, and hydrogen content were compared for welding wires from different manufacturers under various storage conditions.
by D. P. Sekulic et al.