About The Membership
Since 1996 WEMCO, an Association of Welding Manufacturers, and standing committee of AWS has been committed to providing a common voice to the welding industry, government bodies and technical organizations worldwide.
Today, this influential association represents manufacturers making products for welding processes and applications. It also provides invaluable resources to the welding industry end-users, distributors, and other manufacturers.
WEMCO provides forums for members to interact socially and professionally. It harmonizes efforts for promotion, distribution, and acceptance of our products globally; and contributes to the well-being of the welding industry.
WEMCO provides an alliance between AWS and manufacturers of welding, cutting and related welding-industry equipment.
WEMCO support is available to you throughout the year, as well as accessible through monthly e-briefs and quarterly newsletters you receive as a member. WEMCO works to educate and enlighten its membership base with the latest issues and trends in the welding industry. The powerful networking advantages WEMCO provides you and your organization will help boost the results you already achieve on an individual level.
WEMCO provides senior management of welding manufacturers a platform to:
- Promote plans and programs, which benefit their understanding of welding equipment market trends and needs.
- Share solutions and best practices with current industry, organizations and private businesses.
- Market their products and services internationally via the AWS global network of trade shows and conventions.
- Enhance the image of welding as a career choice and as an industry crucial to building and maintaining the world’s economic infrastructure.
In addition, WEMCO supports and strengthens the industry it serves in far reaching ways:
- Provides a common voice to the welding industry, government bodies and technical standards organizations worldwide.
- Recognizes excellence through the Excellence in Welding Awards Program which awards individuals, educators, small and large business, educational institutions, veterans and the media for their invaluable contributions to the welding industry.
- Inspires the next generation to pursue welding professions as a rewarding career via the Weld and Shine Program. *This WEMCO initiative sends welding professionals to promote welding careers to various audiences. Speaking engagements may be done at educational institutions and/or via the AWS local sections.
Volunteers are encouraged to use the Weld and Shine video during their presentations. Just click on the logo, and contact WEMCO today! Find out how you can participate on this great program!
*To volunteer to the Weld and Shine Program, please send your inquiry to email@example.com. Subject line: Welding and Shine Program.