J1 Committee on Resistance Welding Equipment
CHAIR: Kendall Ymker, RoMan Manufacturing
SECRETARY: Mario Diaz
COORDINATOR: Sara Vidal
SCOPE: The J1 Committee is responsible for the preparation of standards related to resistance welding consumables, components, and machinery.
- AWS A10.1M:2007, Specification for Calibration & Performance Testing of Secondary Current Sensing Coils and Weld Current Monitors used in Single-Phase AC Resistance Welding (Historical)
- AWS J1.1M/J1.1:2013, Specification for Resistance Welding Controls
- AWS J1.2M/J1.2:2016, Guide to Installation and Maintenance of Resistance Welding Machines
- AWS J1.3/J1.3M:2020, Specification for Materials Used in Resistance Welding Electrodes and Tooling
- AWS RWPH: 2011, Resistance Welding Pocket Handbook
NEW DOCUMENTS UNDERGOING DRAFTING AND APPROVAL
- Practical Guides for Resistance Welding Equipment
LIST OF SUBCOMMITTEES
- AWS J1A Task Group 1 on Specification for Resistance Welding Controls
- AWS J1B Task Group 2 on Maintenance Guide for Resistance Welding Machines
- AWS J1C Task Group 3 on Resistance Welding Pocket Manual
- AWS J1D Task Group 4 on ANSI Z49.1
- AWS J1E Task Group 5 on A10.1 Review
- AWS J1F Task Group 6 on Electrode Materials
- AWS J1G Task Group 7 on Practical Guides for Resistance Welding Equipment
JOIN THE COMMITTEE/SUBCOMMITTEE
The J1 Committee seeks volunteers to participate in its standards development process. The committee is recruiting all types of members as well as members with specific interests (Consultants, Educators, General Interest, and Users) in regard to the committee’s scope. Contact Mario Diaz to learn more about this committee’s work and/or complete the Technical Committee Application.
Become a Skilled Tradeperson
The demand for most trades is strong and getting stronger. The U.S. Department of Labor forecasts healthy growth in the neighborhood of 8 to 9 percent over the next decade. Jobs associated with building and rebuilding roads, bridges, water, and the power grid are expected to grow by double-digit percentages–faster than the overall economy.