D17 Committee on Welding in the Aircraft and Aerospace Industry
- AWS D17.1/D17.1M:2017, Specification for Fusion Welding for Aerospace Applications
- AWS D17.2/D17.2M:2019, Specification for Resistance Welding for Aerospace Applications
- AWS D17.3/D17.3M:2016, Specification for Friction Stir Welding of Aluminum Alloys for Aerospace Applications
NEW DOCUMENTS UNDERGOING DRAFTING AND APPROVAL
- D17.2/D17.2M:2007, Specification for Resistance Welding for Aerospace Applications (Historical)
- D17.1:2001, Specification for Fusion Welding for Aerospace Applications (Historical)
LIST OF SUBCOMMITTEES
- AWS D17D Subcommittee on Resistance Welding in the Aircraft and Aerospace Industries
- AWS D17J Subcommittee on Friction Stir Welding in the Aircraft and Aerospace Industries
- AWS D17K Subcommittee on Fusion Welding in the Aircraft and Aerospace Industries
JOIN THE COMMITTEE/SUBCOMMITTEE
The D17 Committee seeks volunteers to participate in its standards development process. The committee is recruiting all types of members as well as members with specific interests (Consultants, Educators, and General Interest) in regard to the committee’s scope. Contact Mario Diaz to learn more about this committee’s work and/or complete the Technical Committee Application.
Become a Skilled Tradeperson
The demand for most trades is strong and getting stronger. The U.S. Department of Labor forecasts healthy growth in the neighborhood of 8 to 9 percent over the next decade. Jobs associated with building and rebuilding roads, bridges, water, and the power grid are expected to grow by double-digit percentages–faster than the overall economy.