C4 Committee on Oxyfuel Gas Welding & Cutting
CHAIR: Mike Hogan, The Harris Products Group
SECRETARY: Jennifer Rosario
COORDINATOR: Vivian Perez
SCOPE: Responsible for standards on oxyfuel gas heating, welding and cutting applications, training and certification of welders, and evaluation criteria and gauges for cut surfaces.
- AWS C4.1-77(R2010), Criteria for Describing Oxygen-Cut Surfaces
- AWS C4.2/C4.2M:2017, Recommended Practices for Safe Oxyfuel Gas Cutting Torch Operation
- AWS C4.3/C4.3M:2018, Recommended Practices for Oxyfuel Gas Heating Torch Operation
- AWS C4.4/C4.4M:2007, Recommended Practices for Heat Shaping and Straightening with Oxyfuel Gas Heating Torches
- AWS C4.5M:2012, Uniform Designation System for Oxyfuel Nozzles
- AWS C4.6M:2006 (R2012) (ISO 9013:2002 IDT), Thermal Cutting-Classification of Thermal Cuts-Geometric Product Specification and Quality Tolerances
NEW DOCUMENTS UNDERGOING DRAFTING AND APPROVAL
- C4.7/C4.7M, Recommended Practices for Safe Oxyacetylene Welding of Steel
- C4.8, Specification for the Qualification of Operators of Oxyfuel Gas Cutting and Heating Apparatus
LIST OF SUBCOMMITTEES
JOIN THE COMMITTEE/SUBCOMMITTEE
The C4 Committee seeks volunteers to participate in its standards development process. The committee is recruiting all types of members as well as members with specific interests (Consultants, Educators, and General Interest) in regard to the committee’s scope. Contact Jennifer Rosario to learn more about this committee’s work and/or complete the Technical Committee Application.
Become a Skilled Tradeperson
The demand for most trades is strong and getting stronger. The U.S. Department of Labor forecasts healthy growth in the neighborhood of 8 to 9 percent over the next decade. Jobs associated with building and rebuilding roads, bridges, water, and the power grid are expected to grow by double-digit percentages–faster than the overall economy.