B1 Committee on Methods of Inspection
CHAIR: Richard "Woody" Cook, SME Steel Contractors
SECRETARY: Kevin Bulger
COORDINATOR: Yojaidy Acosta
SCOPE: Responsible for creating and revising standards and other documents to develop and promote methods and recommended practices for the inspection and nondestructive examination of weldments.
- AWS B1.10M /B1.10:2016, Guide for the Nondestructive Examination of Welds
- AWS B1.11M/ B1.11:2015, Guide for the Visual Examination of Welds
- WI: 2015, Welding Inspection Handbook
- APG-DISC, Pocket Guide for Visual Examination of Welds − Discontinuity Causes and Remedies
NEW DOCUMENTS UNDERGOING DRAFTING AND APPROVAL
- APG-JTS, Pocket Guide for Visual Examination of Weld Joints for Structural Steel Applications
- APG-VTD1_1, Pocket Guide for Visual Examination - AWS D1.1/D1.1M Structural Welding Code – Steel
LIST OF SUBCOMMITTEES
- AWS B1A Subcommittee on Nondestructive Examination of Welds
- AWS B1B Subcommittee on Visual Examination of Welds
- AWS B1C Standing Task Group on the Welding Inspection Handbook
JOIN THE COMMITTEE/SUBCOMMITTEE
The B1 Committee seeks volunteers to participate in its standards development process. The committee is recruiting all types of members as well as members with specific interests (Consultants and Educators) in regard to the committee’s scope. Contact Kevin Bulger to learn more about this committee’s work and/or complete the Technical Committee Application.
Become a Skilled Tradeperson
The demand for most trades is strong and getting stronger. The U.S. Department of Labor forecasts healthy growth in the neighborhood of 8 to 9 percent over the next decade. Jobs associated with building and rebuilding roads, bridges, water, and the power grid are expected to grow by double-digit percentages–faster than the overall economy.