A2 Committee on Definitions and Symbols
CHAIR: J.P. Christein, Huntingdon Ingalls Industries • Newport News Shipbuilding
SECRETARY: Stephen Borrero
COORDINATOR: Yojaidy Acosta
SCOPE: The A2 Committee on Definitions and Symbols is responsible for the preparation and revision of standards defining welding terms and symbols.
- AWS A2.4:2012, Standard Symbols for Welding, Brazing, and Nondestructive Examination
- AWS A2.1:2012, American Welding Society Welding Symbol Chart
- AWS A3.0M/A3.0:2010, Standard Welding Terms and Definitions Including Terms for Adhesive Bonding, Brazing, Soldering, Thermal Cutting, and Thermal Spraying
- AWS A3.1:2010, AWS Master Chart of Welding and Joining Processes
NEW DOCUMENTS UNDERGOING DRAFTING AND APPROVAL
LIST OF SUBCOMMITTEES
- AWS A2B – Subcommittee on Definitions
- AWS A2C – Subcommittee on Symbols
JOIN THE COMMITTEE/SUBCOMMITTEE
The A2 Committee seeks volunteers to participate in its standards development process. The committee is recruiting all types of members as well as members with specific interests (Educators) in regard to the committee’s scope. Contact Stephen Borrero to learn more about this committee’s work and/or complete the Technical Committee Application.
Become a Skilled Tradeperson
The demand for most trades is strong and getting stronger. The U.S. Department of Labor forecasts healthy growth in the neighborhood of 8 to 9 percent over the next decade. Jobs associated with building and rebuilding roads, bridges, water, and the power grid are expected to grow by double-digit percentages–faster than the overall economy.