Individual Member Benefits and Discount Programs
Membership benefits designed for welding professionals and their families
When you review all the benefits and savings you receive, you’ll quickly realize an AWS Membership pays for itself many times over:
- Free subscription to Welding Journal, (a $90 value) the most widely-read industry publication
- Individual Members outside of North America - digital delivery is standard
- Optional Welding Journal Hard Copy for Members outside North America - $50 shipping fee
- Free bi-annual issues of Product Literature Review, Welding Marketplace, and quarterly issues of American Welder
- As much as 90% off one AWS technical publication when you join. Choose from 20+ AWS technical publications
- 25% discount off AWS Publications
- Discounts on AWS Conferences, certification programs, education programs and events
- 10% on AWS Logo Merchandise from Lands' End
- Member-only networking opportunities at multiple events
- Discounts on Welding Equipment/Tools of the Trade
- Liberty Mutual Auto & Home Owners Insurance
- WorldWide insurance plan access: health, life, dental, disability, travel and international insurance, prescription plans and ID Theft Plans
- FedEx shipping discounts up to 26%
- Hertz car rental discounts
As an AWS member, you can enhance your professional growth at substantial savings. AWS sponsors, through its Education Department and Conference Department, a wide variety of conferences, seminars and symposiums throughout the country. Nationally and internationally acclaimed welding experts present papers of current interest in such areas as joining research, NDT, welding inspection, AWS codes and standards, safety and health and more.
Similar savings are available on AWS Home Study Courses and In-House Training. Throughout the year, local Sections also offer numerous educational activities to members at nominal cost. In addition, AWS members may participate in professional conferences in a number of foreign countries at member-only savings.
Training and Events
AWS members receive deep discounts on more than 120 technical training events every year. All AWS-sponsored courses, clinics and conferences are noted for their expert instruction, quality materials and participant satisfaction. Access to widely-recognized AWS Certification programs are designed to recognize and document individual expertise and knowledge of specific industry disciplines. AWS offers member-only discounts on nearly a dozen different Certification categories. Certification can mean better pay, more job security, and recognition as one of the industry's elite. Achieve the mark for materials-joining excellence with certification in:
- Certified Welder
- Certified Welding Inspector
- Certified Radiographic Interpreter
- Plus other specialized certifications (Click here for more info on Certification programs)
A huge benefit for AWS Members is the 25% discount on 300+ AWS technical publications. Choose from popular publications like the D1.1 Structural Welding Code - Steel. With your AWS member-only discount, you could save more than $130 on this publication alone... that's like getting almost two years of membership free!
AWS Members can save big with the GAWDA / AWS Discount Program. AWS members receive member-only discounts on welding equipment and tools of the trade by participating distributors. Click here to see the list of participating distributors.
Liberty Mutual Insurance - Auto & Home Insurance
Liberty Mutual has partnered with the American Welding Society to offer members exclusive savings on quality auto and home insurance.* Call 800-531-6087 visit Liberty Mutual to learn more or get a free quote.
*Discounts and savings are available where state laws and regulations allow, and may vary by state. To the extent permitted by law, applicants are individually underwritten; not all applicants may qualify.
Worldwide Insurance Services, Inc. - Health Insurance and more
AWS has partnered with WorldWide Insurance Services, Inc., a national, independent broker, in business since 1989, to provide a health insurance program for AWS Members. We realize that health insurance for self-employed individuals and small businesses can present challenges, both in terms of accessibility and affordability. Worldwide's program includes:
- Large selection of plans and insurance companies
- Consumer information about the various types of health plans (PPO's, HSA's, HMO's, etc), including the pros and cons of each type of plan
- For those of you with employees, our program provides guidance on employer-sponsored health care plans, including contribution rules, participation requirements, COBRA, HIPAA and more
- Information to help you understand and manage specific medical conditions and health issues
- Valuable information on wellness, prevention and disease management
- Resources for the uninsured and those with uninsurable medical conditions
WorldWide also offers:
- Life Insurance
- Dental Plans
- Health Plans
- Disability Insurance
- Travel and International Insurance
- Prescription Plans
- ID Theft Plans
For more information, or to find the program that is right for you, visit www.worldclassbenefits.com/aws
Receive worldwide member discounts for business and leisure car rentals through Hertz. AWS Members'-only discounts will help you save on your next car rental need.
American Welding Society Members are entitled to special discounts with Hertz.
Your Discount CDP# 75641 is the key. Write it down and use it every time you make a reservation.
To check rates or make a reservation, visit hertz.com, call your travel agent or call Hertz at 1-800-654-2200.
Be sure and mention the Discount CDP# 75641 to receive special discounts.
FedEx gives you savings of up to 26% and rewards your loyalty
Save money on your shipping and earn rewards for your loyalty with FedEx. As an AWS member, you’re invited to enroll in the FedEx Advantage® program and enjoy discounts of up to 26% on FedEx® services. After enrolling for discounts, you’ll have the opportunity to join My FedEx Rewards and earn gift cards and brand-name merchandise when you ship. Enrollment for both programs is free.
To enjoy discounts, Enroll now in the FedEx Advantage program or call 1.800.475.6708. Use passcode XRK7DT. Then sign up for My FedEx Rewards with the same account number.
Already a FedEx Advantage member?
Join My FedEx Rewards to earn gift cards and brand-name merchandise, in addition to your FedEx Advantage discounts.
Become a Skilled Tradeperson
The demand for most trades is strong and getting stronger. The U.S. Department of Labor forecasts healthy growth in the neighborhood of 8 to 9 percent over the next decade. Jobs associated with building and rebuilding roads, bridges, water, and the power grid are expected to grow by double-digit percentages–faster than the overall economy.
AWS Member NetworkRead More >
AWS Members receive a 10% discount on AWS merchandise through our Lands’ End Store
AWS Members who wish to order AWS merchandise in quantity (12 or more) receive special pricing through our partnership with Staples. For more information, please contact Alfred Nieves at 1-800-443-9353 Ext. 467 or email@example.com