AWS membership can help you advance your career, connect with industry experts and save on AWS products and services.
ADVANCE: 10 Certifications / Online and In-Person Classroom Instruction / Self-Paced Online Learning / Customized Instructor-Led On-Site Seminars
CONNECT: Industry Conferences and Events / Active Members-Only Online Community / Technical Committees / Section, District and Regional Networking Meetings
SAVE: Discounts on AWS Education and Training, Standards and Publications, Conferences, Personal Savings on Products and Services and More
See full details in the tabs below.
Annual Dues and Offers
Annual dues for new members are $55.
Annual dues for renewing members are $55.
Membership includes digital editions of the award-winning Welding Journal, as well as Inspection Trends magazines. Printed issues of Welding Journal will be mailed to you for an extra $20/year.
Early Career members receive an additional 20% off Individual Member rate to attend AWS Professional Program at FABTECH.
Bonus Offers for New Members*
Purchase a selection of one volume from out Welding Handbook, Volumes 1-5 for $35 (a minimum $147 value)!
*Additional $50 shipping fee for new members outside of the United States.
AWS Early Career Membership supports the growth of welding workforce members who are just beginning to make their living in the welding industry. To qualify for Early Career Membership, you must be under 35 years of age, or have under 5 years of welding industry experience. This year, make membership in AWS work as hard as you do to advance your career, connect to our deep technical knowledge base and save on AWS products and services.
- 10 Certifications: Earning one or more AWS certification opens doors to rewarding and lucrative career opportunities
- Online and In-Person Classroom Instruction: Pre-certification training can help you prepare to take that all-important exam
- Self-Paced Online Learning: Short, interactive modules on a variety of topics are easy-to-understand and available at your convenience
- AWS Member Network: Ask or answer technical questions with your peers, exchange ideas and network virtually
- Industry Conferences and Events: Discover cutting edge welding trends and ways to make your operation more efficient from industry experts
- Technical Committees: Join like-minded colleagues in developing or revising one or more of the AWS Standards used by welders worldwide
- Local District and Section Networking Opportunities: Participate in your local welding community’s activities, share insights, find mentors or trainees, form professional partnerships or collaborations, make lifelong friends
In addition to the benefits listed above, you’ll find your membership fee pays for itself when you take advantage of AWS member pricing on a variety of products and services, including:
- AWS Education and Training
- AWS Standards and Publications
- AWS Conferences
- Partner Products and Services
- Annual subscription to monthly Welding Journal and electronic access to Inspection Trends
Member Benefit Webinars
New Member Welcome Webinar
To help our newest members learn more about their AWS member benefits we have launched a quarterly webinar series to provide an overview of what AWS members receive. While new members are the target audience, long-time members are welcome to attend. This online event hosted by AWS staff will provide an overview of AWS Individual Membership benefits, how to navigate the AWS Member Portal, and how to access several features. These online events are free, but registration is required.
November 3, 2021 at 1:00 PM EDT
Register Here: https://aws-org.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_ZW14GtY9ROaM61pgLaQZ_A
Connect to colleagues, companies and new opportunities
AWS members gain the opportunity to exchange information and tips, nurture professional contacts and interact with other welding and fabricating industry professionals who have common interests, visions and dreams. Learn more about sections near you.
FABTECH brings 30,000 professionals together to view the latest innovations in materials joining. More than 200 in-depth technical sessions and educational programs allow members to exchange information and share solutions with industry peers.
- Connect with members who think and work like you.
- Learn from the expertise of others in the community.
- Share your expertise with other AWS Members.
Visit jobsinwelding.com to take your career to the next level! Available resources will help you with researching career options, resume writing and interview prep. You can also upload your resume and search for open positions. Students can look through internship listings to assist with completing their program requirements or get a jump start on their career.