CRAFT YOUR CAREER
As a veteran in the welding industry, you understand the importance of continued education and keeping your skills honed. Joining and maintaining AWS membership ensures that you’re constantly informed on the latest industry trends, technology, and processes. Plus, by staying active within the AWS community, you can connect with other experienced professionals for technical insights or provide mentorship to up-and-coming welding professionals.
As an AWS Individual member, you can:
- Access award-winning publications such as the monthly Welding Journal and quarterly Inspection Trends
- Ask technical questions and engage with other dedicated welding professionals through the AWS Member Network forum
- Get involved at your local AWS Section or an AWS technical committee
- Receive discounts on AWS products and services, including pre-certification training, standards and publications, conferences, and more
- Take advantage of money-saving partner programs for insurance (varies by location), business services, shipping and office supplies, travel deals, and more
View a summary of Individual Member Benefits in PDF format.
If you are looking for membership options for a company or several employees, please review our Corporate Membership options.
Annual Dues and Offers
Annual dues for new members are $88 + $12 initiation fee.
Annual dues for renewing members are $88.
Membership includes print and digital editions of the award-winning Welding Journal, as well as Inspection Trends magazines. There is an additional $50 shipping fee for members outside of North America to receive print copies.
Bonus Offers for New Members
- New Members can join for two-years for $151 (Save $25)
- Purchase a book for $35! Choose from a list popular titles.
Additional $50 shipping fee for new members outside of North America.
Sparking Connections for Existing Members
Current AWS Individual members can recruit new Student, Early Career, and Individual members to earn points towards prizes. Review the current program and guidelines.
Connect to Colleagues, Companies, and New Opportunities
AWS members gain the opportunity to exchange information and tips, nurture professional contacts and interact with other welding and fabricating industry professionals who have common interests, visions and dreams. Learn more about sections near you.
FABTECH brings 30,000 professionals together to view the latest innovations in materials joining. More than 200 in-depth technical sessions and educational programs allow members to exchange information and share solutions with industry peers.
- Connect with members who think and work like you.
- Learn from the expertise of others in the community.
- Share your expertise with other AWS Members.
Visit jobsinwelding.com to take your career to the next level! Available resources will help you with researching career options, resume writing and interview prep. You can also upload your resume and search for open positions. Students can look through internship listings to assist with completing their program requirements or get a jump start on their career.
Member Benefit Webinars
Webinars will be scheduled throughout the year to introduce members to various features of their AWS Membership, and offer guidance on how to make the most of their AWS membership. To register for upcoming webinars or view recordings of past webinars, AWS members should log in to the AWS Member Network.
New Member Welcome Webinar
To help our newest members learn more about their AWS member benefits we have launched a quarterly webinar series to provide an overview of what AWS members receive. While new members are the target audience, long-time members are welcome to attend. This online event hosted by AWS staff will provide an overview of AWS Individual Membership benefits, how to navigate the AWS Member Portal, and how to access several features. These online events are free, but registration is required.
August 3, 2022 at 1:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Register here: aws-org.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_ajgQUAiZT3yhH73mgXJhJw
November 2, 2022 at 1:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Register here: aws-org.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_bzNre4ytT32Bqjm1ndcuAA
Members outside of the United States can take advantage of a wide variety of benefits to advance their career and welding knowledge.
- Access to AWS Member Portal (my.aws.org) where AWS members may print their AWS Membership Card and AWS Membership Certificate
- Digital Welding Journal subscription plus access to online archives
- Print Welding Journal subscription for $50 US
- Print Welding Journal en Español quarterly magazine subscription upon request
- Digital Inspection Trends subscription
- New members can purchase a book from a select list for $85 US
- Member pricing on AWS Online Learning
- Member pricing on AWS Publications, Standards, and Codes with select publications translated into Spanish, Chinese, Portuguese, and Russian
- Member pricing on AWS Seminars, Conferences, and Certifications
- AWS Certification through international agents
- Access to the AWS Member Network online discussion forum
- Canadian members are eligible for discounts through UPS Canada
- Attendance at FABTECH Canada and FABTECH Mexico
The following countries host International Sections where you can participate in welding activities closer to home, share insights, find mentors or trainees, and form professional partnerships or collaborations.
Alberta, Saskatoon, Montreal, and British Columbia
- Central America / Caribbean
Costa Rica, Jamaica, and Trinidad & Tobago
Korea, Taiwan, Singapore, Shanghai, and Malaysia
Germany and Scandinavia
Chihuahua and Monterrey
- Middle East
Saudi Arabia, Emirates Welding and Israel
To make a payment through electronic funds transfer, please follow the instructions found at www.aws.org/certification/page/bank-information.
If you or someone you know has made major contributions at the local and national levels, participated in AWS education offerings, and sponsored new AWS Members, then apply for the AWS Distinguished Members award. Created by the AWS Board of Directors, this life-long recognition is designed to distinguish outstanding service and commitment of AWS Members to their Society and the welding industry.
- Current AWS Member
- Accumulate at least 35 points from at least three of the following four categories:
- National AWS Leadership,
- Local AWS Leadership,
- Professional Development, and
- AWS Membership Recruitment
- Credit may only be counted once for each line item.
- Complete and submit required information in the space provided on this form.
Individuals who achieve this status receive an AWS Distinguished Member Certificate and get recognition in the Welding Journal, as well as in the AWS Awards Directory.
How to Apply
Complete an application and submit to Nici Banks firstname.lastname@example.org.