AWS membership can help you advance your career, connect with industry experts and save on AWS products and services.
ADVANCE: 10 Certifications / Online and In-Person Classroom Instruction / Self-Paced Online Learning / Customized Instructor-Led On-Site Seminars
CONNECT: Industry Conferences and Events / Active Members-Only Online Community / Technical Committees / Section, District and Regional Networking Meetings
SAVE: Discounts on AWS Education and Training, Conferences, Standards and Publications / PLUS discounts on personal and professional services through professional partners / Access to liability insurance at competetive prices
See full details in the tabs below.
Annual Dues and Offers
Annual dues for new members are $88 + $12 initiation fee.
Annual dues for renewing members are $88.
Bonus Offers for New Members
New Members can join for two-years for $151 (Save $25)
Purchase a book for $35! Choose from a list of over 20 popular titles.
Additional $50 shipping fee for new members outside of the United States.
Or Call 1-800-443-9353, ext. 480 (inside the U.S. and Canada)
1-305-443-9353, ext. 480 (outside the U.S. and Canada)
When you review all the benefits and savings you receive, you’ll quickly realize an AWS Individual Membership pays for itself many times over:
- Free subscription to Welding Journal, (a $90 value) the most widely-read industry publication
- Individual Members outside of North America - digital delivery is standard
- Optional Welding Journal Hard Copy for Members outside North America - $50 shipping fee
- Free bi-annual issues of Product Literature Review, Welding Marketplace, and quarterly issues of American Welder
- As much as 90% off one AWS technical publication when you join. Choose from 20+ AWS technical publications
- A huge benefit for AWS Members is the 25% discount on 300+ AWS technical publications. Choose from popular publications like the D1.1 Structural Welding Code - Steel. With your AWS member-only discount, you could save more than $130 on this publication alone... that's like getting almost two years of membership free!
- Member-only access to the AWS Member Network
- Discounts on AWS Conferences, certification programs, education programs and events
- Member-only networking opportunities at multiple events
- Online resources: AWS Consultant's Network, AWS Buyer's Guide, AWS ShopOnline and more
Please view the full list of Individual Member Benefits in PDF format.
Connect with Members
Connect to colleagues, companies…and new opportunities
AWS members gain the opportunity to exchange information and tips, nurture professional contacts, and interact with other welding and fabricating industry professionals who have common interests, visions and dreams. Learn more about sections near you.
FABTECH brings 30,000 professionals together to view the latest innovations in materials joining. More than 200 in-depth technical sessions and educational programs allow members to exchange information and share solutions with industry peers.
- Connect with members who think and work like you.
- Learn from the expertise of others in the community.
- Share your expertise with other AWS Members.
Distinguished Member Recognition
The AWS Distinguished Member Award was created by the AWS Board of Directors to recognize outstanding service and commitment of AWS Members to their Society and the welding industry. This distinction honors those who have made major contributions at the local and national levels, participated in AWS education offerings, and sponsored new AWS Members.
- Current AWS Member
- Accumulate at least 35 points from at least three of the following four categories:
- National AWS Leaderships,
- Local AWS Leadership,
- Professional Development, and
- AWS Membership Recruitment
- Credit may only be counted once for each line item.
- Complete and submit required information in the space provided on this form.
Individuals who achieve this status receive an AWS Distinguished Member Certificate and get recognition in the Welding Journal, as well as in the AWS Awards Directory.
How to Apply
Complete an application and submit to Nici Banks email@example.com.