The Educational Institution Membership is designed to empower and reward organizations and staff tasked with training the next generation of welding professionals. We strive to help maintain the highest educational standards by offering informational resources, continuing education opportunities, and marketing tactics to nearly 800 Educational Institution members.
As an Education Institution member, your organization can:
- Offer three Individual Memberships to your employees or staff – these roster memberships are managed and retained by your institution, which can help improve employee loyalty and retention
- Keep your educators informed with discounts on AWS resources, including a subscription to American Welding Academic Access (AWAA) and AWS publications
- Promote your affiliation with AWS with a member wall plaque and logo for use on institution materials
- Market your institution with a free listing on AWS.org, which attracts 100,000 monthly visitors per month
- Take advantage of discounts on products and services through Partner Programs
Please view the full list of Educational Institution Member Benefits in PDF format.
Annual Dues for New and Renewing Educational Institution Members $264
There is also a $12 initiation for each new member added to your corporate roster
Are your teachers or staffers AWS members? Get pro-rated dues pricing:
AWS will pro-rate your institution’s dues if there are employees with current AWS individual memberships. Call the AWS Membership Department at 800.443.9353, ext. 259 or 264 for special pricing.
Educational Institution Members receive:
- 3 Individual Memberships "owned" by the institution, to distribute to employees.
- Each individual receives:
- Annual subscription to the award-winning Welding Journal magazine.
- The American Welder, a quarterly section of the Welding Journal designed for “hands-on” welders.
- 25% discount on 300+ AWS Publications - pubs.aws.org
- Professional development via Members’-only discounts on AWS Certification programs, topical conferences, seminars and home-study courses.
- Free admission to FABTECH.
- Networking opportunities at local AWS Section Meetings, 120+ AWS-sponsored seminars, and through AWS Committee participation.
- AWS Educational Institution Member logo for use on company letterhead and promotional material.
- 40% discount on 300+ AWS Publications (purchased directly by the institution).
- 20% discount on annual subscription license to American Welding Academic Access (AWAA). This is a unique subscription which contains 300+ AWS’ publications in digital format.
- Free institution listing on AWS’s 100,000 visitors-a-month website, with the opportunity to hyperlink from the AWS website to your company website at a minimal fee.
- Unlimited VIP passes to the FABTECH Show to distribute as perks to customers and company staff.
- Professional wall plaque to show school affiliation with the American Welding Society.
- Minimum 70% discount on shipping charges with YRC Transportation - outbound and inbound, short or long haul.
- Replacement Memberships at no extra charge. Replace Individual Members on your company’s membership roster — at any time and for any reason.
- Access to quality AWS branded and/or company-branded merchandise offered through a special partnership with Staples at merchandise.aws.org.
Find your next star employee at jobsinwelding.com. Once you create an account you can post open positions, and review resumes from available candidates. Posting internships is FREE for a 60 day posting.
Sustaining Company Members receive a 50% on job postings in April and October of each year. Contact AWS to learn how to upgrade to a Sustaining Company Membership.