Become part of a world-renowned organization.
AWS knows that students are our industry’s future and provides every aspiring welding professional with a variety of unparalleled resources and opportunities at deeply-discounted Student Membership rates. See how AWS can help you with all the benefits shown below.
Annual Dues: $15 (Domestic and International Students)
AWS Student Members are eligible to apply for Transitional Membership following four years of continuous Student Membership or upon graduation, whichever occurs first. Transitional Members will continue to enjoy their existing benefits for up to three years before upgrading to Individual Member status. For more information, or to upgrade today to Transitional Member status, contact the AWS Membership Department.
Or Call 1-800-443-9353, Option 4 (inside the U.S. and Canada)
1-305-443-9353, Option 4 (outside the U.S. and Canada)
AWS membership supports the career growth of those who make their living in the welding industry. Many AWS members have had long, successful careers, and we look forward to being part of yours! AWS Student members get many of the perks of AWS Individual Members, as well as additional student-only benefits at a reduced rate. This year, get AWS working as hard as you do to help advance your career, connect to our deep technical knowledge base and save money.
- Tuition Assistance: If you’re enrolled in a four-year, two-year or certificate program in welding or a welding-related field, you may qualify for an AWS Foundation Scholarship
- 10 Certifications: Earning one or more AWS certifications opens doors to rewarding and lucrative career opportunities
- Self-Paced Online Learning: Short, interactive modules on a variety of topics are easy-to-understand and available at your convenience
- Peer-Reviewed Research Papers: Available online
- Career Resources: Careers in Welding website and Careers in Welding magazine
- AWS Member Network: Get answers to questions ranging from technical topics to career guidance and more from our active, members-only online community. As a Student Member, network with your peers in the dedicated Student Community
- Industry Conferences and Events: Discover cutting edge welding trends and ways to make your operation more efficient from industry experts
- Technical Committees: Join like-minded colleagues in developing or revising one or more of the AWS Standards used by welders worldwide
- Local District and Section Networking Meetings: Participate in your local welding community’s activities, share insights, find mentors or trainees, form professional partnerships or collaborations, make lifelong friends
- AWS Student Chapter: Connect with your peers and network with industry leaders while learning and sharpening your skills
In addition to the benefits listed above, you’ll find your membership fee pays for itself when you take advantage of AWS member pricing on a variety of products and services, including:
- AWS Online Learning and AWS Bookstore
- Partner Products and Services
- Annual electronic subscription to monthly Welding Journal and electronic access to Inspection Trends. (Print subscription available for additional $20.)