Become part of a world-renowned organization.
AWS knows that students are our industry’s future and provides every aspiring welding professional with a variety of unparalleled resources and opportunities at deeply-discounted Student Membership rates. See how AWS can help you with all the benefits shown below.
Annual Dues: $15 (Domestic and International Students)
AWS Student Members are eligible to apply for Transitional Membership following four years of continuous Student Membership or upon graduation, whichever occurs first. Transitional Members will continue to enjoy their existing benefits for up to three years before upgrading to Individual Member status. For more information, or to upgrade today to Transitional Member status, contact the AWS Membership Department.
Or Call 1-800-443-9353, Option 4 (inside the U.S. and Canada)
1-305-443-9353, Option 4 (outside the U.S. and Canada)
- Digital subscription to the award-winning Welding Journal monthly publication that delivers authoritative articles to drive business and professional development, plus important industry news, "how-to" stories, welding research, supplier information, and more.
- Student Members within North America (United States, Canada, and Mexico) may add the print version for an additional $20 annually.
- Student Members outside of North America (United States, Canada, and Mexico) receive the digital copy and may purchase a subscription to the print copy for an additional $70 annually.
- NEW IN MAY 2020! Members will receive digital access to Inspection Trends, a quarterly publication geared specifically to materials inspection and testing professionals.
- Online access to the Welding Journal Archives going back to 2000 (login required)
- Online access to peer-reviewed research papers going back to 1970 (login required)
- This Week in Welding email newsletter delivered directly to your inbox.
- Access to AWS Online Buyer's Guide
- Careers in Welding magazine delivered electronically upon joining, which features welding career internship opportunities
Connect to colleagues, companies…and new opportunities
AWS Member Network
Connect with members who think and work like you. Learn from the expertise of others in the community. Share your expertise with other AWS Members.
Exclusive to Student Members - Interact with your peers in the AWS Member Network Student Community
Free admission to FABTECH Expo
FABTECH brings 30,000 professionals together to view the latest innovations in materials joining. More than 200 in-depth technical sessions and educational programs allow members to exchange information and share solutions with industry peers.
Find your next job opportunity on the Careers In Welding website.
- Local Section Meetings
AWS members gain the opportunity to exchange information and tips, nurture professional contacts, and interact with other welding and fabricating industry professionals who have common interests, visions, and dreams. Find your local Section.
- Affiliate with a local Student Chapter - gain the knowledge, experience, and networking opportunities to launch your career even more successfully
- Gain leadership skills and connect with members in your area with a leadership position in your local Section or Student Chapter
- Participate on an AWS Committee
When you review all the benefits and savings you receive, you’ll quickly realize an AWS Individual Membership pays for itself many times over.
- A huge benefit for AWS Members is the 25% discount on 300+ AWS Publications. Choose from popular publications like the D1.1 Structural Welding Code - Steel. With your AWS member-only discount, you could save more than $160 on this publication alone...that's like getting almost two years of membership free!
- Discounts on AWS Online Education Programs
- Scholarships for all levels of welder training through the AWS Foundation