Become part of a world-renowned organization.
AWS knows that students are our industry’s future and provides every aspiring welding professional with a variety of unparalleled resources and opportunities at deeply-discounted Student Membership rates. See how AWS can help you with all the benefits shown below.
Annual Dues: $15 (Domestic and International Students)
AWS Student Members are eligible to apply for Transitional Membership following four years of continuous Student Membership or upon graduation, whichever occurs first. Transitional Members will continue to enjoy their existing benefits for up to three years before upgrading to Individual Member status. For more information, or to upgrade today to Transitional Member status, contact the AWS Membership Department.
Or Call 1-800-443-9353, ext. 480 (inside the U.S. and Canada)
1-305-443-9353, ext. 480 (outside the U.S. and Canada)
Student Membership Benefits Include Invaluable Learning and Career Resources
As a Student Member, you enjoy ALL these benefits
- Monthly digitized subscription of award-winning Welding Journal - on your computer, mobile phone or tablet. (With the option of receiving hard copy versions of the Welding Journal for just $20 more. - option available only to students in U.S., Canada and Mexico.)
- Quarterly digital edition of Welding Marketplace keeps you current on welding's newest products and services.
- Access to the Student Forum
- Student Member Community within AWS Member Network
- Access to members-only web site at www.aws.org
- 10% on AWS Logo Merchandise from Lands' End
- Exclusive AWS Welder Decal for display on a welding helmet or other use
- This Week in Welding e-News brief
- Access to an online Resource Library connects you with industry blogs, podcasts and the AWS YouTube Channel
- Access to career information and job postings at www.careersinwelding.com
- Careers in Welding magazine delivered electronically upon joining, which features Welding Career Internship Opportunities
- Opportunities, Advances in Technology, Welding Fun Facts, Career Profiles, and a Resource Guide
PLUS these additional benefits:
A huge benefit for AWS Members is the 25% discount on 300+ AWS technical publications. Choose from popular publications like the D1.1 Structural Welding Code - Steel. With your AWS member-only discount, you could save more than $90 on this publication alone... that's like getting your membership for free!
AWS Student Chapter Participation
- Gain the knowledge, experience and networking opportunities to launch your career even more successfully
- Nearly 100 AWS Student Chapters are located at schools across the country: you’ll meet other welding students and professionals at both Chapter meetings and local AWS Section meetings
Networking, Recognition and Scholarships
- AWS Membership Certificate and Card
- Free admission to FABTECH, North America's largest welding, metal forming, fabricating and finishing exposition
- Scholarship opportunities through the AWS Foundation
- An extra 25% off 300+ AWS publications and code books
- Member-only discounts on car rentals, insurance, cell phones and more
Upgrade to an AWS Individual Membership plan to get even MORE
- Programs discounts that advance your career and your pay
Continuous learning and skills upgrades at a discount
- Certification programs
- Technical conferences
- Educational programs
- Online distance learning
- You’ll get up to 90% off a popular AWS publication or CD-ROM. Choose from more than 20 publications including Welding Handbook, 9th ed., VolA, Welding Metallurgy, Jefferson's Welding Encyclopedia (CD-ROM only) and others
Please view the full list of Student Membership Benefits in PDF format.
Become a Skilled Tradeperson
The demand for most trades is strong and getting stronger. The U.S. Department of Labor forecasts healthy growth in the neighborhood of 8 to 9 percent over the next decade. Jobs associated with building and rebuilding roads, bridges, water, and the power grid are expected to grow by double-digit percentages–faster than the overall economy.
AWS Member NetworkRead More >
AWS Members receive a 10% discount on AWS merchandise through our Lands’ End Store
AWS Members who wish to order AWS merchandise in quantity (12 or more) receive special pricing through our partnership with Staples. For more information, please contact Keila DeMoraes at 1-800-443-9353 Ext. 444 or firstname.lastname@example.org