AWS membership can help you advance your career, connect with industry experts and save on AWS products and services.
ADVANCE: 10 Certifications / Online and In-Person Classroom Instruction / Self-Paced Online Learning / Customized Instructor-Led On-Site Seminars
CONNECT: Industry Conferences and Events / Active Members-Only Online Community / Technical Committees / Section, District and Regional Networking Meetings
SAVE: Discounts on AWS Education and Training, Standards and Publications, Conferences, Personal Savings on Products and Services and More
See full details in the tabs below.
Annual Dues and Offers
Annual dues for new members are $88 + $12 initiation fee.
Annual dues for renewing members are $88.
Bonus Offers for New Members
New Members can join for two-years for $151 (Save $25)
Purchase a book for $35! Choose from a list of over 20 popular titles.
Additional $50 shipping fee for new members outside of the United States.
Or Call 1-800-443-9353, Option 4 (inside the U.S. and Canada)
1-305-443-9353, Option 4 (outside the U.S. and Canada)
AWS Individual Membership supports the career growth of those who make their living in the welding industry. This year, make membership in AWS work as hard as you do to advance your career, connect to our deep technical knowledge base and save on AWS products and services.
- 10 Certifications: Earning one or more AWS certification opens doors to rewarding and lucrative career opportunities
- Online and In-Person Classroom Instruction: Pre-certification training can help you prepare to take that all-important exam
- Self-Paced Online Learning: Short, interactive modules on a variety of topics are easy-to-understand and available at your convenience
- AWS Member Network: Ask or answer technical questions with your peers, exchange ideas and network virtually
- Industry Conferences and Events: Discover cutting edge welding trends and ways to make your operation more efficient from industry experts
- Technical Committees: Join like-minded colleagues in developing or revising one or more of the AWS Standards used by welders worldwide
- Local District and Section Networking Opportunities: Participate in your local welding community’s activities, share insights, find mentors or trainees, form professional partnerships or collaborations, make lifelong friends
In addition to the benefits listed above, you’ll find your membership fee pays for itself when you take advantage of AWS member pricing on a variety of products and services, including:
- AWS Education and Training
- AWS Certification
- AWS Standards and Publications
- AWS Conferences
- Partner Products and Services
- Annual subscription to monthly Welding Journal and electronic access to Inspection Trends
Please view the full list of Individual Member Benefits in PDF format.
Connect with Members
Connect to colleagues, companies and new opportunities
AWS members gain the opportunity to exchange information and tips, nurture professional contacts and interact with other welding and fabricating industry professionals who have common interests, visions and dreams. Learn more about sections near you.
FABTECH brings 30,000 professionals together to view the latest innovations in materials joining. More than 200 in-depth technical sessions and educational programs allow members to exchange information and share solutions with industry peers.
- Connect with members who think and work like you.
- Learn from the expertise of others in the community.
- Share your expertise with other AWS Members.
If you or someone you know has made major contributions at the local and national levels, participated in AWS education offerings, and sponsored new AWS Members, then apply for the AWS Distinguished Members award. Created by the AWS Board of Directors, this life-long recognition is designed to distinguish outstanding service and commitment of AWS Members to their Society and the welding industry.
- Current AWS Member
- Accumulate at least 35 points from at least three of the following four categories:
- National AWS Leadership,
- Local AWS Leadership,
- Professional Development, and
- AWS Membership Recruitment
- Credit may only be counted once for each line item.
- Complete and submit required information in the space provided on this form.
Individuals who achieve this status receive an AWS Distinguished Member Certificate and get recognition in the Welding Journal, as well as in the AWS Awards Directory.
How to Apply
Complete an application and submit to Nici Banks email@example.com.