Check Back February 1st to Apply.
A $2,500 scholarship is available annually for an oustanding international student pursuing a Bachelor's or advanced degree in welding or a related joining technology. Students attending school internationally, not within one of AWS's 22 Districts, are eligible to apply.
- Full time international student pursuing undergraduate or graduate studies in welding or other joining sciences
- Applicant must have completed at least one year of welding or related field of study at the Baccalaureate degree-granting institution.
- Official proof of acceptance from the academic institution.
- Proof of country citizenship.
- Applicants may reapply; however, persons who have received this award may reapply and may be granted the award for a maximum of four times.
- AWS Membership is strongly encouraged.
Deadline for submission of all application information is April 1st.
Responses must be in English. The online application includes:
- Applicant contact information
- AWS membership number, if member
- School information
- Contact information for an English-speaking contact at school
- Personal Statement Essay, including background, experience, and career goals
- Proof of country citizenship
- Copy of the proposed curriculum.
- Most recent Academic Transcript or equivalent from college or university
- Letters of recommendation (One required, two preferred)
Please note: Recipients may be requested to submit a color photograph for publicity purposes.
All International Scholarship applications will be submitted to the Education Scholarship Committee for evaluation and selection.
Scholarship funds are for tuition and fee expenses only, not to exceed $2,500 (US dollars/year.)
All funds are transferred, e.g. wired/mailed, to the appropriate institution in U. S. currency. Any unused funds are required to be returned. No awards will be paid directly to the recipient.
International students remain eligible to apply for AWS District Scholarships, if attending an academic institution in the United States.
Applicants may reapply; however, persons who have received this award may reapply and may be granted the award for a maximum of four years.
Please note: The International Scholarship Program is not available to students who reside in Canada or Mexico within the boundaries of one of AWS's 22 domestic Districts.