CWI Seminar & Exam Registration
Registering for your Seminar/Exam is Easier than Ever
Taking your Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) exam is a big commitment of time and resources. The stakes to obtain your CWI credential are too high to waste valuable time and money. Here are the three easy steps to follow:
In an effort to streamline the application and approval process, American Welding Society now offers two ways you can apply to take your CWI/SCWI/Renewal/Recertification Seminar and/or Exam online.
The first option is through our all-new online certification portal. The second is by completing and submitting your application and other paperwork by mail.
Before beginning the application process, please make sure that you have gathered all pertinent application documents before applying.
Online Certification Application Portal (Sites available for 1st Quarter of 2019 ONLY)
- Once you have all of your documentation ready, CLICK HERE to complete the application process online. If this is your first time using our new online Certification Application Portal, you will be required to create a user profile before you register for your seminar and/or exam.
1. Download your Application. Complete all sections. Print, review, sign and date your application. To ensure your application is processed in a timely manner, please submit ALL supporting documents at the time of your application.
2. Submit your application and supporting documentation using one of the two following methods:
- Scan and send via email to: email@example.com.
- Send hardcopy to AWS headquarters at:
American Welding Society
c/o Certification Dept.
8669 NW 36th Street, Suite #130
Miami, Florida 33166
3. Wait for an email from AWS confirming your exam registration.
Tips for Submitting your Application:
- You will receive a confirmation email once we process your application, which usually takes between 4 to 6 weeks weeks after receipt. Please refrain from making travel arrangements until you receive your confirmation letter.
- Remember to select your three (3) Site/Exam Location choices. If your first choice is not available, we will register you based on your second and third choice. Keep in mind that if you select only one Site/Exam Location we might not be able to place you due to space. This may delay your application.
- Visual Acuity Form: For your convenience we have attached the only form accepted for your Visual Acuity Examination.
- Make check/money order payable to: American Welding Society.