Boost earnings and opportunities: Get Certified
One of the best ways to advance your welding career is by earning a specialized certification. This opens up opportunities for more money, leadership roles and higher-level career challenges. AWS offers nine different certification categories from inspectors, supervisors and educators to radiographic interpreters, welding engineers and fabricators.
In an effort to streamline the application and approval process, the American Welding Society now offers a way for you to apply online for examination, renewal, and recertification for the following certification programs:
Certified Welding Inspector (CWI)
Senior Welding Inspector (SCWI)
- API 1104 Pipeline Endorsement
- AWS D1.1 Structural Steel Endorsement
- AWS D1.2 Structural Aluminum Endorsement
- AWS D1.5 Bridge Welding Endorsement
- AWS D15.1 Railroad Endorsement
- AWS D17.1 Aerospace Endorsement
- ASME Pressure Vessel Section VIII, Div. 1 and Section IX Endorsement
- ASME Pressure Piping B31.1 and B31.3, and Pressure Vessel Section IX Endorsement
- AWS Structural Bolting Inspection Endorsement
Before beginning the application process, please make sure that you have gathered all pertinent application documents before applying. For a tutorial on how to use our AWS Candidate Portal, Click Here.
For your convenience, please use the AWS Candidate Application Portal. Effective November 15, 2019, CWI, SCWI, CWSR, CWS and Endorsement applications submitted to AWS by email or paper will be charged an additional $125.00.
For all other programs not listed above, applicants may submit their application via email or mail. Click Here
to access the document information for the program you are interested in. Renewal and recertification information can be found Here