Lecture Award Category
Comfort A. Adams Lecture Award
In order to honor its Founder and First President, Comfort Avery Adams, the American Welding Society created in 1943 a lectureship known as the
Comfort A. Adams Lecture. The AWS Board of Directors makes an award annually to an outstanding scientist or engineer whose lecture presents some new and distinctive development in the field of welding.
- The nominee is selected 16 months in advance of the AWS Welding Show.
- In conjunction with the AWS Welding Show, the individual presents their lecture after the Annual Business meeting.
- Complete nomination packets may be submitted for consideration to the AWS Awards Committee and must include an introduction letter of support and a complete resume or CV of the individual’s qualifications. Send only complete nominations to Jessenia Martinez at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 1.
Plummer Memorial Education Lecture Award
This award has been established by the American Welding Society to recognize an outstanding individual who has made significant contributions to welding education and training, and to recognize Fred L. Plummer's service to the Society as President from 1952 to 1954 and Executive Director from 1957 to1969.
- The nominee is selected at least 12 months in advance of the AWS Welding Show and would present their lecture during show week.
- Complete nomination packets may be submitted for consideration to the AWS Education Committee and must include an introduction letter of support and a complete resume or CV of the individual’s qualifications. Send only complete nomination packets to Patrick Henry at email@example.com by March 1.
For full award descriptions, nomination requirements and listing of past recipients, download the National Awards Recognition Package now.
AWS Member NetworkRead More >
AWS Members receive a 10% discount on AWS merchandise through our Lands’ End Store
AWS Members who wish to order AWS merchandise in quantity (12 or more) receive special pricing through our partnership with Staples. For more information, please contact Alfred Nieves at 1-800-443-9353 Ext. 467 or firstname.lastname@example.org