AWS CWI Lifetime Achievement Award
In 2018, the American Welding Society established the AWS Certified Welding Inspector Lifetime Achievement Award to recognize individual members for a career of distinguished service, leadership, outstanding accomplishments, and innovative contributions towards enhancing the image and technology of welding inspection. Individuals receiving the award may be currently working as a CWI or have worked as one in the past.
Election as a CWI Lifetime Achievement Award recipient is demonstrated as evidenced by:
- Advancements in the field of welding inspection.
- Mentorship of individuals entering the field of welding inspection.
- Effective application of existing and new inspection technology.
- Evidence of participation in activities directly related to the recruitment, training, education and/or mentorship of individuals entering the field of welding inspection.
- This recognition is selected by the AWS CWI Lifetime Achievement Award Committee based on specific criteria.
- Nominations must be submitted on the CWI LAA nomination form with supporting material by September 1st to Malisa Mercado at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nominations are reviewed/selected during a fall CWI Lifetime Achievement Award Committee meeting with final approval the following year at the spring Districts Council meeting.
- A maximum of 5 recipients are selected each year, as determined by the selection committee.
Become a Skilled Tradeperson
The demand for most trades is strong and getting stronger. The U.S. Department of Labor forecasts healthy growth in the neighborhood of 8 to 9 percent over the next decade. Jobs associated with building and rebuilding roads, bridges, water, and the power grid are expected to grow by double-digit percentages–faster than the overall economy.
AWS Member NetworkRead More >
AWS Members receive a 10% discount on AWS merchandise through our Lands’ End Store
AWS Members who wish to order AWS merchandise in quantity (12 or more) receive special pricing through our partnership with Staples. For more information, please contact Keila DeMoraes at 1-800-443-9353 Ext. 444 or email@example.com