AWS CWI Lifetime Achievement Award
In 2018, the American Welding Society established the AWS Certified Welding Inspector Lifetime Achievement Award to recognize individual members for a career of distinguished service, leadership, outstanding accomplishments, and innovative contributions towards enhancing the image and technology of welding inspection. Individuals receiving the award may be currently working as a CWI or have worked as one in the past.
Election as a CWI Lifetime Achievement Award recipient is demonstrated as evidenced by:
- Advancements in the field of welding inspection.
- Mentorship of individuals entering the field of welding inspection.
- Effective application of existing and new inspection technology.
- Evidence of participation in activities directly related to the recruitment, training, education and/or mentorship of individuals entering the field of welding inspection.
- This recognition is selected by the AWS CWI Lifetime Achievement Award Committee based on specific criteria.
- Nominations must be submitted on the CWI LAA nomination form with supporting material by September 1st to Malisa Mercado at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nominations are reviewed/selected during a fall CWI Lifetime Achievement Award Committee meeting with final approval the following year at the spring Districts Council meeting.
- A maximum of 5 recipients are selected each year, as determined by the selection committee.
Become a Skilled Tradeperson
The demand for most trades is strong and getting stronger. The U.S. Department of Labor forecasts healthy growth in the neighborhood of 8 to 9 percent over the next decade. Jobs associated with building and rebuilding roads, bridges, water, and the power grid are expected to grow by double-digit percentages–faster than the overall economy.