Jobs in Welding
Boilermakers fabricate, install, maintain, and repair boilers, tanks, vats, pressure vessels, and other structures. These structures generate power, provide heat, and function as storage containers for oil, industrial chemicals or other liquids.
Boilermakers primarily use welding and cutting equipment, but can also utilize tools to fuse, separate, and shape metal plates, sections, and components. Boilermakers contribute to the building, repair or maintenance of structures, including blast furnaces, bridges, rocket boosters, elevators, dams, and locomotives.
- Welding of small diameter tube/pipe
- Fabrication, installation, testing, and maintenance of boilers, tanks, vats, and pressure vessels
- Lay out, assembly, and tear down of scaffolding, cranes or other support structures.
- Installing auxiliary mechanisms, such as tubes, fittings, valves, and boiler instrumentation
- Conducting inspections and preparing preventative maintenance reports
Education and training that can lead
to a successful career may include:
High school diploma or equivalent
Certificate in welding, metals fabrication, structural welding, etc.
Associate degree in welding, metals fabrication, structural welding, etc
Related structural steel fabrication or steel erection work experience
AWS Certified Welder
- Highly motivated and self-directed
- Flexible and able to work in a team environment
- Mechanically inclined and manual dexterity
- Able to work in harsh weather (heat, cold, snow, rain, etc.)
- Able to read blueprints, analyze design plans, and understand building codes
The heat map below showcases the total number of job postings for Boilermakers in the last twelve months by state. As shown, the darker the color of the state, the higher the concentration of job postings. The heat map is intended to provide insight into areas where Boilermaker careers are currently in demand.
Water Heaters, Boilers, Power Generation Components, Brewing & Distilling
Steel Mills, Food & Beverage Processing Equipment, Power Plant Shut Downs & Expansion, Recycling Facilities
Railway Components, Waste Management, Building & Structural Components