Applications open for 2023-24 Scholarships
Deadline to apply for National, District, and Section Scholarships
Selections made for National and District Scholarships
Selections made for Section Scholarships
More than 130 donor-funded scholarships, totaling over $600,000, are available for students pursuing a bachelor’s or associate degree in welding or a related discipline. Scholarships range from $2,500-$7,000+. Applicants are required to submit two references and official transcripts.
These are some general requirements to keep in mind when applying for National Scholarships:
- Two letters of recommendations are required.
- Applicant must have an official transcript set my email or mail directly from the school or third-party transcript provider.
- Some National Scholarships require demonstrated financial need, which means the cost of attendance exceeds the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) as found on the FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR). The SAR must be submitted in addition to cost of attendance documentation to be eligible for these scholarships.
- Some scholarships require or have a preference for applicants to be a member of AWS. To apply for an AWS student membership, please visit the Student Membership page.
- Students who are currently enrolled in vocational schools, technical colleges, community colleges, or universities should apply if they meet the needed criteria.
Each individual scholarship has its own criteria. Please refer scholarship descriptions in the National Scholarships Table for more information.
The deadline to apply for all National Scholarships is March 1st for the following fall term.
To fill out an application for a National Scholarship, please use the Scholarship Application System.
The recipient will be chosen by the AWS Foundation Education Scholarship Committee.
Each of the national scholarships are worth a minimum of $2,500 annually . No awards will be paid to the recipient. All awards are for tuition and books only, and will be paid directly to the academic institution by the AWS Foundation.
Air Products Women of Gases & Welding Scholarship
John C. Lincoln Memorial Scholarship
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.