Become part of a world-renowned organization.
AWS knows that students are our industry’s future and provides every aspiring welding professional with a variety of unparalleled resources and opportunities at deeply-discounted Student Membership rates. See how AWS can help you with all the benefits shown below.
Annual Dues: $15 (Domestic and International Students)
Or Call 1-800-443-9353, ext. 480 (inside the U.S. and Canada)
1-305-443-9353, ext. 480 (outside the U.S. and Canada)
Student Membership Benefits Include Invaluable Learning and Career Resources
As a Student Member, you enjoy ALL these benefits
- Monthly digitized subscription of award-winning Welding Journal- on your computer, mobile phone or tablet. (With the option of receiving hard copy versions of the Welding Journal for just $20 more.)
- Quarterly digital edition of Welding Marketplace keeps you current on welding's newest products and services.
- Access to the Student Forum
- Access to members-only web site at www.aws.org
- Access to American Welding Online and member e-Learning opportunities, such as seminars, conferences and certifications.
- Exclusive AWS Welder Decal for display on a welding helmet or other use
- This Week in Welding e-News brief
- Access to an online Resource Library connects you with industry blogs, podcasts and the AWS YouTube Channel
- Access to career information and job postings at www.careersinwelding.com
- Careers in Welding magazine delivered electronically upon joining, which features Welding Career
- Opportunities, Advances in Technology, Welding Fun Facts, Career Profiles, and a Resource Guide
PLUS these additional benefits:
AWS Student Chapter Participation
- Gain the knowledge, experience and networking opportunities to launch your career even more successfully
- Nearly 100 AWS Student Chapters are located at schools across the country: you’ll meet other welding students and professionals at both Chapter meetings and local AWS Section meetings
Networking, Recognition and Scholarships
- AWS Membership Certificate and Card
- Free admission to FABTECH, North America's largest welding, metal forming, fabricating and finishing exposition
- Scholarship opportunities through the AWS Foundation
Programs discounts that advance your career and your pay
Continuous learning and skills upgrades at a discount
- Certification programs
- Technical conferences
- Educational programs
- Online distance learning
- An extra 25% off 300+ AWS publications and code books
- Member-only discounts on car rentals, insurance, cell phones and more
Upgrade to an AWS Individual Membership plan to get even MORE
You’ll get up to 90% off a popular AWS publication or CD-ROM. Choose from more than 20 publications including Welding Handbook, 9th ed., VolA, Welding Metallurgy, Jefferson's Welding Encyclopedia (CD-ROM only) and others
Please view the full list of Student Membership Benefits in PDF format.
AWS members save everywhere they go… at work, at home and even on the road
As an AWS member, you can enhance your professional growth at substantial savings. AWS sponsors, through its Education Department and Conference Department, a wide variety of conferences, seminars and symposiums throughout the country. Nationally and internationally acclaimed welding experts present papers of current interest in such areas as joining research, NDT, welding inspection, AWS codes and standards, safety and health and more.
Similar savings are available on AWS Home Study Courses and In-House Training. Throughout the year, local Sections also offer numerous educational activities to members at nominal cost. In addition, AWS members may participate in professional conferences in a number of foreign countries at member-only savings.?
Training and Events
AWS members receive deep discounts on more than 120 technical training events every year. All AWS-sponsored courses, clinics and conferences are noted for their expert instruction, quality materials and participant satisfaction. Access to widely recognized AWS Certification programs designed to recognize and document individual expertise and knowledge of specific industry disciplines. AWS offers members-only discounts on nearly a dozen different Certification categories. Certification can mean better pay, more job security, and recognition as one of the industry's elite. Achieve the mark for materials-joining excellence with certification in:
- Certified Welder
- Certified Welding Inspector
- NDE Inspector
- And more. (Click here for more info on Certification programs).
A huge benefit for AWS Members is the 25% discount on 300+ AWS technical publications. Choose from popular publications like the D1.1 Structural Welding Code - Steel. With your AWS member-only discount, you could save more than $90 on this publication alone... that's like getting your membership for free!
Equipment and Tools
AWS members can save big with the GAWDA / AWS Discount Program. AWS members receive Member-only discounts on welding equipment and tools of the trade by participating distributors. Click here to see the list of participating distributors.
Liberty Mutual - Auto & Home Insurance
Liberty Mutual has partnered with the American Welding Society to offer members exclusive savings on quality auto and home insurance.* Call 800-531-6087 visit Liberty Mutual to learn more or get a free quote.
*Discounts and savings are available where state laws and regulations allow, and may vary by state. To the extent permitted by law, applicants are individually underwritten; not all applicants may qualify.
Worldwide Insurance Services, Inc. - Health Insurance and more
AWS has partnered with WorldWide Insurance Services, Inc., a national, independent broker, in business since 1989, to provide a health insurance program for AWS Members. We realize that health insurance for self-employed individuals and small businesses can present challenges, both in terms of accessibility and affordability. Worldwide's program includes:
- Large selection of plans and insurance companies
- Consumer information about the various types of health plans (PPO's, HSA's, HMO's, etc), including the pros and cons of each type of plan
- For those of you with employees, our program provides guidance on employer-sponsored health care plans, including contribution rules, participation requirements, COBRA, HIPAA and more
- Information to help you understand and manage specific medical conditions and health issues
- Valuable information on wellness, prevention and disease management
- Resources for the uninsured and those with uninsurable medical conditions
WorldWide also offers:
- Life Insurance
- Dental Plans
- Health Plans
- Disability Insurance
- Travel and International Insurance
- Prescription Plans
- ID Theft Plans
For more information, or to find the program that is right for you, visit www.worldclassbenefits.com/aws
Car Rental Service
Receive worldwide member discounts for business and leisure car rentals through Hertz. AWS Members'-only discounts will help you save on your next car rental need.
American Welding Society Members are entitled to special discounts with Hertz.
Your Discount CDP# 75641 is the key. Write it down and use it every time you make a reservation.
To check rates or make a reservation, visit hertz.com, call your travel agent or call Hertz at 1-800-654-2200.
Be sure and mention the Discount CDP# 75641 to receive special discounts.
FedEx gives you savings of up to 26% and rewards your loyalty
Save money on your shipping and earn rewards for your loyalty with FedEx. As an AWS member, you’re invited to enroll in the FedEx Advantage® program and enjoy discounts of up to 26% on FedEx® services. After enrolling for discounts, you’ll have the opportunity to join My FedEx Rewards and earn gift cards and brand-name merchandise when you ship. Enrollment for both programs is free.
To enjoy discounts, Enroll now in the FedEx Advantage program or call 1.800.475.6708. Use passcode XRK7DT. Then sign up for My FedEx Rewards with the same account number.
Already a FedEx Advantage member?
Join My FedEx Rewards to earn gift cards and brand-name merchandise, in addition to your FedEx Advantage discounts.