Welding Educator Professional Development Scholarships
The American Welding Society Foundation is here to help current welding educators improve their knowledge and training skills with scholarships for continuing education or professional development.
Welding Educator Professional Development Scholarships may be used for:
- Associate, Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Doctorate degree programs in welding or education
- CWI/CWE Seminar and Exam
- CWI/SCWI Endorsements
- Other AWS Certifications (i.e. CRAW, CWS, etc.)
- AWS Online Courses
- FABTECH Education Program
- Weld-Ed Educator Courses
- CTE Continuing Education Courses
- Professional Certification Courses and Exams
- Welding Educator Workshops or Seminars
The AWS Foundation offers four National Educator Scholarships worth up to $5,000.
Additionally, each AWS District has an award pool of $2,000, and scholarships may range from $500 to $2,000.
Eligibility and Application Process
- Applicants must be current, full-time or part-time welding educators.
- Applicants must be an educator at a public or private organization that’s primary purpose is education and training.
- Applicants must be pursuing continuing education or professional development that is required for continued employment or is meant to improve education or training skills to significantly impact student success and outcomes.
- Scholarship funds may be used for in-person or online courses.
The application includes the following:
- Applicant and Educational Institution Information
- General Background Statement, including teaching experience, industry experience, career objectives, and involvement in AWS, student organizations, and local community
- Name, description, and provider of continuing education or professional development
- Impact on student success and outcomes
- Letter of Recommendation (Required for National Educator Scholarships)
National Educator Scholarships
- Earl C. Lipphardt Educator Scholarship
- Jackson Safety Educator Scholarship (Applicant’s school must graduate 50 or more students annually)
- Tim Turner Educator Scholarship
- William Kielhorn Educator Scholarship
Preference will be given to applicants pursuing an AS, AAS, BS, MS, or PhD degree.
National Educator Scholarship awards may vary, up to a maximum of $5,000.
District Educator Scholarships
- Each of AWS’s 22 Districts has an award pool of $2,000
- Scholarships may range from $500 to $2,000
The District is determined by the location of the school or campus. To see which District your school is in, view the AWS District and Section Map here.
Selection and Awards
- Selections for National and District Educator Scholarships are made in May or June.
- No award will be paid to the recipient. All awards will be paid directly to the institution or organization providing the continuing education or professional development.
- Scholarship funds may be used to pay tuition, fees, books, supplies, or equipment required for the course of instruction.
- Scholarship funds may not be used for travel or housing fees.
- Recipients can reapply, however, no recipient may receive the specific award (National or District) more than twice.
- Recipients may receive both National and District Educators Scholarships in the same year.