Art Kleppen Family - CK Worldwide Scholarship
In commemoration of the 50th Anniversary of CK Worldwide, the Art Kleppen Family, with the AWS Foundation, has created two $2500.00 technical scholarships to promote TIG Welding (GTAW).
These scholarships are to be awarded to provide financial assistance to two students pursuing an Associate’s Degree in welding.
The Art Kleppen Family – CK Worldwide Scholarships will be awarded to the selected students who meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Applicant must be pursuing an Associate’s Degree in welding.
- Applicants must be enrolled, or will be enrolling, in a welding program that offers an advanced course on TIG Welding.
- Applicants should provide two references from either an instructor and/or an employer.
- Applicants must submit a background letter supporting their interests in becoming an accomplished welder.
- Personal statement
- Demonstrated timeliness and completion of assignments
- General Background information
- Career Objectives – where do you see your career, after graduation, in 1 year; 5 years; longer?
Applicant does not have to be a member of the American Welding Society.
The AWS Foundation does not discriminate by age, race, color, national origin, disability, creed, or gender.
The two recipients will be chosen by a Selection Committee comprised of at least five (5) members from the Education Scholarship Committee.
Two recipients will each receive an award of $2,500 paid directly to the academic institution on their behalf. The awards are for tuition and/or equipment required for the student’s program. Equipment includes those items that can be purchased through the school bookstore, including gloves, leathers, helmet, goggles. Funds cannot be released to the students for purchases made outside the school.