D15 Committee on Railroad Welding
- AWS D15.1/D15.1M:2019, Railroad Welding Specification for Cars and Locomotives
- AWS D15.2/D15.2M:2013, Recommended Practices for the Welding of Rails and Related Rail Components for use by Rail Vehicles
NEW DOCUMENTS UNDERGOING DRAFTING AND APPROVAL
- AWS D15.3/D15.3M, Specification for Resistance Welding for Railroad Applications
LIST OF SUBCOMMITTEES
- AWS D15A Subcommittee on Cars and Locomotives
- AWS D15C Subcommittee on Track Welding
- AWS D15D Subcommittee on Resistance Welding for Railroad Applications
JOIN THE COMMITTEE/SUBCOMMITTEE
The D15 Committee seeks volunteers to participate in its standards development process. The committee is recruiting all types of members as well as members with specific interests (Consultants, Educators, General Interest, and Users) in regard to the committee’s scope. Contact Jennifer Rosario to learn more about this committee’s work and/or complete the Technical Committee Application.
Become a Skilled Tradeperson
The demand for most trades is strong and getting stronger. The U.S. Department of Labor forecasts healthy growth in the neighborhood of 8 to 9 percent over the next decade. Jobs associated with building and rebuilding roads, bridges, water, and the power grid are expected to grow by double-digit percentages–faster than the overall economy.