Welder Training Scholarship
The AWS Welder Training Scholarship is for students seeking welder training in a program up to two years through a trade school, community college, or other facility providing welder training, and cannot be used for credits towards a four-year program. Each AWS District has 25-$1,000 scholarships to award in 2019. Five scholarships will be designated for high schools senior for training following graduation.
PDF or mailed in applications are no longer accepted.
The following Districts have awarded all 2019 Welder Training Scholarships and are no longer accepting applications:
- District 2
- District 10
- District 11
- District 12
- District 16
- District 20
- District 22
View the AWS District and Section Map here to see which District you are in.
- Click the link above to access the 2019 Welder Training Scholarship Application.
- Register with your email address create a password.
- Complete an applicant profile which includes basic background questions.
- Click +Get Started to begin your application, which includes contact information, school or training facility information, personal statement, and optional letter of reference.
- Once all Scholarsip Application content is saved, click the green Submit button to fully submit the application.
The AWS Welder Training Scholarship is for students seeking welder training in a program up to two years, and cannot be used for credits towards a four-year program. The current application cycle is open to students attending school or training prior to May 2020.
- Applicants must reside within the boundaries of an AWS District. View the AWS District and Section Map here.
- Applicant must be planning to attend a trade school, community college, or other facility providing welder training.
- Awards will not be made to Section officers, or their families.
- Awards will not be made to Section Selection Committee members, or their families.
Applications may be submitted January-November and will be selected on a rolling basis until the District awards the designated funds for the year. Applications received prior to November 30th will be eligible for any funds remaining in that calendar year. Applications received after November 30th will be considered in the following calendar year.
Awards are for tuition and fees only and will be paid directly to the academic institution by the AWS Foundation. Scholarship recipients must provide verification of enrollment prior to disbursement of award.
If you have any questions about the Welder Training Scholarship, please contact the Foundation.
Become a Skilled Tradeperson
The demand for most trades is strong and getting stronger. The U.S. Department of Labor forecasts healthy growth in the neighborhood of 8 to 9 percent over the next decade. Jobs associated with building and rebuilding roads, bridges, water, and the power grid are expected to grow by double-digit percentages–faster than the overall economy.