Professional Program 2020
The American Welding Society (AWS) will hold its 2020 Annual Conference, officially known as the 2020 AWS Professional Program, in Las Vegas, NV, during FABTECH, from Wednesday, November 18th through Friday, November 20th.
AWS welcomes abstract submissions on novel developments and research areas related to materials joining, including surfacing and additive manufacturing. Although full papers are not required for consideration, authors are encouraged to submit them to the Welding Journal at www.editorialmanager.com/wj/default.aspx for possible publication.
Topics include but are not limited to:
- Additive Manufacturing
- Battery and Energy Systems Welding
- Industrial Applications and Technologies
- Modeling and Numerical Analysis
- Sensors, Controls and Robotics
- Surfacing and Overlay
- Weldability and Properties of Welded Components
- Weld Repair and Performance of Welded Joints including Corrosion, Creep and Fatigue
- Welding Processes/Methods
- High Energy Density (Laser and Electron Beam) and Laser Hybrid Welding
- Solid State Welding
- Arc Welding Processes and Methods
Authors with accepted abstracts are required to give oral presentations at the Professional Program. They will also receive complimentary registration for the 2020 AWS Professional Program and free access to FABTECH 2020, the largest metal forming, fabrication, welding and nishing event in North America. Author/Presenters are also welcome to attend the following events held during the Professional Program:
- The AWS General Assembly: Join us as the new AWS President and officers are introduced and new AWS Fellows and Counselors are inducted on Monday morning
- The Comfort Adams Lecture: following the General Assembly
- The Honorary Symposium for and Plenary Presentation: by Dr. David Olson, Professor Emeritus of Colorado School of Mines
- Plenary Session Presentation: by Dr. Suck-Joo Na, Professor Emeritus of Korea Institute of Advanced Science and Technology
The authors’ registration for the 2020 AWS Professional Program is complementary.
This registration also provides free access to the 2020 FABTECH Show which is the largest metal forming, fabrication, welding and finishing event in North America