Solution Selling for Welding
The Solution Selling for Welding course is designed to teach students how to identify and reconcile a potential client’s needs by using a problem-led approach to product and service sales. The course will utilize case studies to allow students to apply key concepts such as arc time or operator factor.
At a Glance
Course: 30 days
Exam: 10 more days
Course Length & Earnings
Approximately 18 hours
18 PDHs | 1.8 CEUs
Who Should Take This Course
Student Learning Outcomes
- Anyone involved in the sale of welding equipment or consumables
- Anyone who affiliated with a service provider tied to welding and fabrication
- This student body may encompass many positions, including:
- Welding sales representatives
- Welding supervisors
- Shop owners
- This student body may encompass many positions, including:
Prior to taking this course, students should be familiar with basic welding processes and welding terminology. This prerequisite knowledge can be obtained by:
This course teaches students how to:
- Assess a potential client’s needs
- Reconcile a client’s needs by using a problem-led approach to product and service sales
- Create a sales proposal based on observation of client’s in-house processes
Upon completion of the Solution Selling for Welding course, students will be able to:
- Identify concepts to be covered within course
- Identify the basics of the sales process
- Explain the basics of the solution selling sales techniques
- Effectively research client prior to engagement
- Establish present state through conversation
- Identify/Diagnose pain points
- Observe processes
- Analyze cause of isolated pain points
- Evaluate data collected through observation
- Reconcile data with product line
- Create a proposal
- Deliver a comprehensive proposal aimed at selling value as opposed to product
- Identify when to reconnect with a client regarding a presented proposal
- Use tools to convert a “no”
- Identify when to use tools in your power to help close a deal
- Apply principles learned throughout this course through the use of scenario-based questions
- Module 1 – Introduction
- Module 2 – Sales Process
- Module 3 – What is Solution Selling?
- Module 4 – Discovery and Client Assessment
- Module 5 – Observation
- Module 6 – Engineering a Solution
- Module 7 – Selling Your Solution
- Module 8 – Closing the Deal
- Module 9 – Case Studies
- Module 10 – Case Studies
Frequently Asked Questions
Can Professional Development Hours (PDHs)/Continuing Education Units (CEUs) earned by completing this course be used to meet the training requirement for AWS certification programs?
Absolutely! Professional Development Hours (PDHs) earned through AWS online courses can be applied toward any certification training requirement, such as those for CWI re-testing or recertification, provided that they are earned within a specified time period. For example, PDHs earned by completing this course are only valid for CWI recertification if the course is completed within the specified 3-year CWI certification period.
Do I need to purchase any supplemental materials or resources in order to complete this course?
No. The course content is entirely web-based, so no additional purchases are necessary in order progress through the coursework and complete the course objectives.
Do I receive Professional Development Hours (PDHs) or Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for completing this course?
Yes. In order to earn PDHs/CEUs, you must score at least 75% on the course completion exam. Participants who pass the exam will receive an AWS Certificate of Completion and 18 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)/1.8 Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
Does this course include a completion exam?
Yes, this course includes an exam designed to evaluate comprehension and retention of the subject matter. Students will be prompted to take this exam once they have successfully completed all the modules within the course. The completion exam consists of 60 multiple-choice questions and must be completed within a 90-minute period.
In order to earn a printable Certificate of Completion from AWS and 18 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)/1.8 Continuing Education Units (CEUs), a student must attain a score of 75% or higher on the completion exam. Participants who do not achieve a pass score will be granted a second opportunity to take the exam.
How long do I have to complete this course?
Participants are granted access to the course materials for 30 days from the date of registration. The completion exam must be taken within this 30-day access period.
What equipment or devices do I need in order to access and complete this course?
This course, as well as all online courses offered by AWS Learning, require a computer, tablet, or other mobile device with an active internet connection and built-in or external speakers. The AWS Learning platform supports most web browsers, including the current versions of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and Microsoft Internet Explorer (Edge). This course is largely video-based and features significant amounts of interactive multimedia content, so a high-speed internet connection and a monitor or device with a large viewing area are highly recommended.
Who should take this course?
The Solution Selling for Welding course is ideal for:
- Current or aspiring welding sales professionals
- Companies or organizations looking to train a full salesforce or incorporate a welding sales component to their onboarding process
- Any AWS certification holder seeking to meet their training requirements for re-certification
Navigating the world of online learning or attending in-person seminars can sometimes be challenging. However, you don't have to face these challenges alone. Our support team is here to assist you every step of the way, whether you're experiencing technical glitches, having issues with our LMS, or have questions about any of our programs. Access our user-friendly form through the link provided, and we will help you get back on track towards achieving your goals.