MOBILE SECTION GRANT
Mobile Section Grant
Mobile Section Grant
The AWS Mobile Section Grant is open to welding training programs or institutions within the boundaries of the Mobile Section.
It is recommended that schools email the AWS Mobile Section (email@example.com) to request a letter of recommendation.
Applicants for the Mobile Section Grant do not need to meet the Welding Workforce Grant requirement of being an AWS Education Institution Member.
Guidelines for Requesting Funds
Funds may be used for:
- welding or metalworking equipment purchases or upgrades
- classroom or lab materials and/or supplies
- facility improvements
- capital items
- computers, computer-based training systems
Funds cannot be used for:
- any program or area not related to welding education/training
- travel expenses
- personnel or to expand teaching staff
- student tuition or scholarships
- textbooks or teaching materials
- personal protective equipment
- indirect costs
- no grants will be given to individuals
Preference will be given to:
- Applicants that include a letter of support from the Mobile Section. Letters of support will be provided to applicants who actively participate and attend AWS-sanctioned events. AWS-sanctioned events include but are not limited to monthly meetings and/or information sessions by AWS Mobile Section executive committee members at schools/trade programs/community colleges/universities.
- Secondary schools (high school & career tech centers) but is not limited to secondary schools only. The Grant is open to secondary schools, post-secondary schools including trade and technical programs, community colleges, and universities.
- Commitments of matching support, including monetary support from the institution and/or an outside entity, as well as external in-kind support.
- AWS Educational Institution Members and/or SENSE Registered Schools
Mobile Section Boundaries
Schools located within the Mobile section boundaries are eligible to apply. The AWS Mobile Section consists of:
|In Alabama||In Florida|
The applications will be reviewed by the AWS Foundation Grants Committee and recipients will be announced in January. The Grants Committee is comprised of members from the AWS Foundation Board of Trustees and the AWS Board of Directors.
The Grants Committee will give strong consideration to applications with a letter of support from the AWS Mobile Section.
Requirements if Selected
Measures of Success
AWS Foundation will audit the success of the project throughout the term of funding, at intervals determined by AWS Foundation. A summary of progress-to-date with specific, detailed information will be required. Projects will be measured against the original application submitted. A final report including project summary, numbers of individuals educated/trained, numbers of graduates, numbers successfully employed in a welding job, results from the project, and a final, itemized budget, will be required.
Release of Funds
A contract must be signed by both AWS Foundation and the grantee. Funds will be distributed only to the education/training institution. The release of funds will occur following submission of itemized invoices or quotes that meet the intent of the approved project.
A grant recipient may not apply again for three years following selection.
For questions, or more information, please contact John Douglass at firstname.lastname@example.org.