Jobs in Welding
Robotic Welding Technician
Robotic Welding Technicians are responsible for the set-up, maintenance, and operation of robotic welding equipment.
Robotic welding technicians are critical to the fabrication of metallic parts or assemblies through welding by the means of a robotic machine.
Some operators are responsible for designing and programming the robot, maintaining and troubleshooting welding robots, and implementing robotic welding for manufacturing and production.
- Apply principles of basic welding fundamentals, symbols, and blueprints
- Identify and perform correct robotic welding parameters, welding procedures, operations and programs
- Create robotic welding programs, modify existing welding programs, and conduct welding cell cycle time calculations
- Troubleshoot and perform preventative maintenance of robotic equipment and welding equipment
Education and training that can lead
to a successful career may include:
High school diploma or equivalent
Certificate in welding, metals fabrication, machining, etc.
Associates degree in welding, metals fabrication, machining, etc.
Related naval or shipyard work experience
AWS Certified Welder
- Strong mechanical and mathematical aptitude
- Adapt to changes quickly and seamlessly
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work efficiently in all types of weather conditions
- Knowledge of blueprints, welding symbols, piping components, and field welding techniques
As a pipeliner, you should also expect to travel extensively, as pipeline construction can take place anywhere in the world; from heavy populated cities to remote high mountain deserts. Opportunities are also available in shop environments.
The heat map below showcases the total number of job postings for Robotic Welding Technicians in the last twelve months by state. As shown, the darker the color of the state, the higher the concentration of job postings. The heat map is intended to provide insight into areas where Robotic Welding Technician careers are currently in demand.