⚠ COVID-19 - Official Statement from AWS

Exam Qualification FAQs

How do I qualify as a Certified Welding Supervisor?

In order to qualify as a Certified Welding Supervisor candidate you must:

Be a high school graduate or hold a state or military approved high school equivalency diploma.

Provide employment information to verify that you have three years of practical welding experience in a fabrication, construction, or welding-related industry. Practical experience in a welding-related industry is an occupational function that has a direct relationship with weldments fabricated to a code, specification, or other standard, and is directly involved in at least one of the following: design, production, construction, inspection, or repair.

As an alternative, three years of relevant teaching experience may be substituted for one year of the practical experience requirement, with proper documentation. Relevant experience is considered when you teach full-time or part-time on a full-time equivalence in a trade, technical school, college, or university, and that you teach the occupational skill of welding or subjects relating to welding, its application, control, materials, and processes.


Hi there, we're here to help you.

  Monday through Friday
  • 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM (EST)
  • 1:00 PM to 4:30 PM (EST)

Contact Us