SECRETARY: Efram Abrams
SCOPE: The J1 Committee is responsible for the preparation of standards related to resistance welding consumables, components, and machinery.
- J1.1M/J1.1:2013, Specification for Resistance Welding Controls
- AWS RWPH: 2011 Resistance Welding Pocket Handbook
- A10.1M Specification for Calibration & Performance Testing of Secondary Current Sensing Coils & Weld Current Monitors used in Single Phase AC Resistance Welding.
- D8.6:2005, Specification for Automotive Resistance Spot Welding Electrodes
- J1.2/J1.2M:200X, Guide to Installation and Maintenance of Resistance Welding Machines
- J1A – Task Group 1 on Specification for Resistance Welding Controls
- J1B – Task Group 2 on Maintenance Guide for Resistance Welding Machines
- J1C – Task Group 3 on Resistance Welding Pocket Manual
- J1D – Task Group 4 on ANSI Z49.1
- J1E – Task Group 5 on A10.1 Review
- J1F – Task Group 6 on Electrode Materials
The American Welding Society is recruiting volunteers to serve on the J1 Committee on Resistance Welding Equipment. This committee is in the process of developing new standards.
Learn more about this committee's work by contacting committee secretary Efram Abrams.
Back to All Committees