SECRETARY: Efram Abrams
SCOPE: The D8 AWS on Automotive Welding is responsible for the development of AWS standards on all aspects of welding in the automotive industry.
- D8.1M:2013, Specification for Automotive Weld Quality-Resistance Spot Welding of Steel
- D8.8M:2007, Specification for Automotive Weld Quality-Arc Welding of Steel
- D8.9M:2012, Recommended Practices for Test Methods for Evaluating the Resistance Spot Welding Behavior of Automotive Sheet Steel Materials
- D8.14M:2008, Specification for Automotive Weld Quality-Arc Welding of Aluminum
- D8.2M:200X, Specification for Automotive Weld Quality – Resistance Spot Welding of Aluminum Materials
- D8.17M:200X, Specification for Automotive Weld Quality – Friction Stir Welding
- D8C – Automotive Arc Welding
- D8D – Automotive Resistance Spot Welding
- D8H – Automotive Friction Stir Welding
The American Welding Society is recruiting volunteers to serve on the D8 Committee on Automotive Welding. This committee is in the process of revising as well and developing their standards.
Learn more about this committee's work by contacting committee secretary Efram Abrams.
Back to All Committees