SECRETARY: Brian McGrath
SCOPE: Responsible for creating and revising standards on Welding in Marine Construction.
- D3.5-93R, Guide for Steel Hull Welding
- D3.6M:1999, Specification for Underwater Welding
- D3.7:2004, Guide for Aluminum Hull Welding
- D3.8:20XX, Recommended Practices for Underwater Cutting
- D3.9:20XX, Specification for Classification of Weld-Through Primers
- A5.35:20XX, Specification for Wet Welding Electrodes for Shielded Metal Arc Welding
- D3A - Standing Task Group on Aluminum Hull Welding
- D3B - Subcommittee on Underwater Welding
- D3C - Standing Task Group on Steel Hull Welding
- D3D - Subcommittee on Underwater Cutting
- D3E - Standing Task Group on Weld Through Paint Primers
The American Welding Society is recruiting volunteers to serve on the D3 Committee on Welding in Marine Construction. This committee is in the process of developing new standards.
Learn more about this committee's work by contacting committee secretary Brian McGrath.
Back to All Committees