A2 Committee on Definitions and Symbols
CHAIR: J.P. Christein, Huntingdon Ingalls Industries • Newport News Shipbuilding
SECRETARY: Stephen Borrero
COORDINATOR: Yojaidy Acosta
SCOPE: The A2 Committee on Definitions and Symbols is responsible for the preparation and revision of standards defining welding terms and symbols.
- AWS A2.4:2012, Standard Symbols for Welding, Brazing, and Nondestructive Examination
- AWS A2.1:2012, American Welding Society Welding Symbol Chart
- AWS A3.0M/A3.0:2010, Standard Welding Terms and Definitions Including Terms for Adhesive Bonding, Brazing, Soldering, Thermal Cutting, and Thermal Spraying
- AWS A3.1:2010, AWS Master Chart of Welding and Joining Processes
NEW DOCUMENTS UNDERGOING DRAFTING AND APPROVAL
LIST OF SUBCOMMITTEES
- AWS A2B – Subcommittee on Definitions
- AWS A2C – Subcommittee on Symbols
JOIN THE COMMITTEE/SUBCOMMITTEE
The A2 Committee seeks volunteers to participate in its standards development process. Contact Secretary Stephen Borrero to learn more about this committee’s work.