Educational Institution membership: reinforce your reputation for excellence
You strive to maintain the highest educational standards: to advance today’s workforce and train the next generation that will help keep our welding industry safe, strong and secure around the world. The Educational Institution membership was designed especially for educational leaders, faculty, staffs and students.
AWS membership offers you valuable resources that help you maintain the professionalism of your teaching staffs, as well as reward all your hard working teams and students with valuable benefits and savings.
See ALL your Educational Institution member benefits in the BENEFITS tab below.
Are your teachers or staffers AWS members? Get pro-rated dues pricing:
AWS will pro-rate your institution’s dues if there are employees with current AWS individual memberships. Call the AWS Membership Department at (800) 443-9353, ext. 259 or 264 for special pricing.
Annual Dues: $258.00
Or call 1-800-443-9353, ext. 259 or 264 (inside the U.S. and Canada)
1-305-443-9353, ext. 259 or 264 (outside the U.S. and Canada)
Educational Institution membership benefits help you maintain the highest educational standards
As an Educational Institution member, you enjoy ALL these benefits below:
- 3 Individual Memberships “owned” by the institution, to distribute to employees, who each receive full Individual Member Benefits, click here to view full description of benefits.
- AWS Educational Institution Member logo for use on company letterhead and promotional material
- 40% discount on 300+ AWS Publications (purchased directly by the institution)
- 20% discount on annual subscription license to American Welding Academic Access (AWAA). This is a unique subscription which contains 300+ AWS’ publications in a digital format.
- Free institution listing on AWS’s 100,000 visitors-a-month website, with the opportunity to hyperlink from the AWS website to your company website at a nominal fee
- Unlimited VIP passes to the FABTECH Show to distribute as perks to customers and company staff
- Professional wall plaque to show school affiliation with the American Welding Society
- Minimum 70% discount on shipping charges with YRC Transportation - outbound and inbound, short or long haul
Please view the full list of Educational Institution Member Benefits in PDF format.
AWS Merchandise Collection
You can now find quality AWS merchandise in the new eStore powered by Staples Promotional Products. Shop a variety of product options at great prices, all featuring the AWS logo. AWS Corporate Members may also choose to customize merchandise with their own logo. It’s the easiest way to support company promotions and employee events.
- AWS logo’d merchandise
- 50 items across 8 categories – drinkware, apparel, award/recognition items, pens, etc.
- Items are purchased in quantity making items more affordable and ideal for AWS Sections, Student Chapters and AWS Corporate Members
- AWS Corporate Members can customize merchandise with their unique company logos
FedEx gives you savings of up to 26% and rewards your loyalty
Save money on your shipping and earn rewards for your loyalty with FedEx. As an AWS member, you’re invited to enroll in the FedEx Advantage® program and enjoy discounts of up to 26% on FedEx® services. After enrolling for discounts, you’ll have the opportunity to join My FedEx Rewards and earn gift cards and brand-name merchandise when you ship. Enrollment for both programs is free.
To enjoy discounts, Enroll now in the FedEx Advantage program or call 1.800.475.6708. Use passcode XRK7DT. Then sign up for My FedEx Rewards with the same account number.
Already a FedEx Advantage member?
Join My FedEx Rewards to earn gift cards and brand-name merchandise, in addition to your FedEx Advantage discounts.
YRC Freight invented LTL (less-than-truckload). Their broad portfolio of North American LTL services helps you increase the flexibility and reliability of your supply chains by offering direct service to almost every point in the United States and nearly all of the Canadian population.
- AWS Members receive a minimum 70% discount
- Ground and air expedited and guaranteed solutions
- Unlike most carriers, YRC Freight Time-Critical Service counts Saturday and Sunday as service days
- Cross-border services throughout North America
- Get the highest Canada cross-border clearance rate among LTL carriers for your shipments
- YRC Freight Exhibit Services has been Best-in-Show for trade show shipping for over 25 years
- No-cost inbound guarantee on trade show shipments
- Book, track, and manage your shipments anytime and anywhere at my.yrcfreight.com or contact YRC Freight Customer Service 24/7 at 800.610.6500
- Specialize in palletized shipments over 150 lbs
The AWS/YRC Freight Shipping Program is a free Corporate Member benefit.
It’s easy to get started, enroll today by phone, e-mail, or online.
Call: 800.647.3061 | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.enrollhere.net
YRC Regional Transportation
YRC Regional Transportation Offers special discounts for American Welding Society members. Speed, reliability and regional expertise - precisely what members deserve. YRC Regional Transportation is comprised of New Penn, USF Holland, and USF Reddaway. Individually, they are leaders in next-day delivery, quality handling and on-time performance. Collectively, they are committed to delivering even more. Their comprehensive, best-in-class services include regional, expedited, guaranteed, consolidation & distribution and cross-border between the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Start saving today on your transportation services through the AWS/YRC Regional Program. Enrollment in the AWS Regional Shipping Program is free. To enroll, please fill out the registration form below and fax it back to 913.266.4040 or call your association benefits coordinator at 800.647.3061. Click here for the enrollment form
FABTECH VIP Passes
Receive Complimentary VIP passes to the annual FABTECH Show to distribute as perks to both customers and your most productive staff (upon request).