Affiliate Company membership: resources to boost revenue and results
As a hard-working independent welding shop, you’re likely looking for every advantage available to find new customers, grow your business and keep up with the industry’s changing standards, certifications and technologies. As an AWS Affiliate member, you get the critical tools, resources and guidance to do just that.
Affiliate Company membership is designed for the specific needs of independent welding and fabricating shops like yours:
- Keeping you updated on important industry changes that affect your bottom line
- Helping you improve your employees’ capabilities, productivity and business results
- Connecting you to thousands of other members for help and advice on solving everyday production problems others in your situation have also encountered
- Providing you with affordable ways to find customers; boost market share and expand your capabilities
See ALL Affiliate Company member benefits in the BENEFITS tab below.
Are your employees already AWS members? Get pro-rated dues pricing:
AWS will pro-rate your company's dues if there are employees with current AWS individual memberships. Call the AWS Membership Department at (800) 443-9353, ext. 259 or 264 for special pricing.
One Year $164.00
Two Years $328.00
Initiation Fee (one-time) $12.00
Or Call 1-800-443-9353, ext. 259 or 264 (inside the U.S. and Canada)
1-305-443-9353, ext. 259 or 264 (outside the U.S. and Canada)
Affiliated Company membership brings business-building tools, resources and guidance
As an Affiliate Company member, you enjoy ALL the benefits below:
- 1 Individual Membership, who receives full Individual Member Benefits, click here to view full description of benefits.
- Annual subscription to the award-winning Welding Journal magazine
- The American Welder, a quarterly section of the Welding Journal designed for “hands-on” welders
- 25% discount on 300+ AWS Publications http://pubs.aws.org
- Professional Development via Members'-only discounts on world-renowned AWS Certification programs, dozens of topical conferences, seminars and home-study courses
- Free admission to FABTECH
- Networking Opportunities at local AWS Section Meetings, 120+ AWS-sponsored seminars, and through Committee participation
- This Week in Welding, a weekly e-mail news brief that keeps members in the know with quick links to timely news stories related to welding worldwide, as well as interesting tidbits about AWS upcoming events, educational offerings, and links to new AWS publications.
- Complimentary passes to FABTECH
- Quick access to welding information through a personal library of AWS Pocket Handbooks:
- Everyday Pocket Handbook for Arc Welding Steel (#1 Seller)
- Everyday Pocket Handbook for Visual Inspection and Weld Discontinuities – Causes and Remedies
- Everyday Pocket Handbook for Gas Metal Arc and Flux-Cored Arc Welding
- AWS Affiliate Company Member logo for use on company letterhead and promotional material
- Free company listing on AWS's 100,000-visitors-a-month website, with the opportunity to hyperlink from the AWS website to your company website at a minimal fee
- Professional wall plaque to show company affiliation with the American Welding Society
- AWS Affiliate Company Member window decal to display on your shop’s storefront.
- Minimum 70% discount on shipping charges with YRC Transportation - outbound and inbound, short or long haul
Please view the full list of Affiliate Member Benefits in PDF format.
AWS Merchandise Collection
You can now find quality AWS merchandise in the new eStore powered by Staples Promotional Products. Shop a variety of product options at great prices, all featuring the AWS logo. AWS Corporate Members may also choose to customize merchandise with their own logo. It’s the easiest way to support company promotions and employee events.
- AWS logo’d merchandise
- 50 items across 8 categories – drinkware, apparel, award/recognition items, pens, etc.
- Items are purchased in quantity making items more affordable and ideal for AWS Sections, Student Chapters and AWS Corporate Members
- AWS Corporate Members can customize merchandise with their unique company logos
FedEx gives you savings of up to 26% and rewards your loyalty
Save money on your shipping and earn rewards for your loyalty with FedEx. As an AWS member, you’re invited to enroll in the FedEx Advantage® program and enjoy discounts of up to 26% on FedEx® services. After enrolling for discounts, you’ll have the opportunity to join My FedEx Rewards and earn gift cards and brand-name merchandise when you ship. Enrollment for both programs is free.
To enjoy discounts, Enroll now in the FedEx Advantage program or call 1.800.475.6708. Use passcode XRK7DT. Then sign up for My FedEx Rewards with the same account number.
Already a FedEx Advantage member?
Join My FedEx Rewards to earn gift cards and brand-name merchandise, in addition to your FedEx Advantage discounts.
YRC Freight invented LTL (less-than-truckload). Their broad portfolio of North American LTL services helps you increase the flexibility and reliability of your supply chains by offering direct service to almost every point in the United States and nearly all of the Canadian population.
- AWS Members receive a minimum 70% discount
- Ground and air expedited and guaranteed solutions
- Unlike most carriers, YRC Freight Time-Critical Service counts Saturday and Sunday as service days
- Cross-border services throughout North America
- Get the highest Canada cross-border clearance rate among LTL carriers for your shipments
- YRC Freight Exhibit Services has been Best-in-Show for trade show shipping for over 25 years
- No-cost inbound guarantee on trade show shipments
- Book, track, and manage your shipments anytime and anywhere at my.yrcfreight.com or contact YRC Freight Customer Service 24/7 at 800.610.6500
- Specialize in palletized shipments over 150 lbs
The AWS/YRC Freight Shipping Program is a free Corporate Member benefit.
It’s easy to get started, enroll today by phone, e-mail, or online.
Call: 800.647.3061 | email@example.com | www.enrollhere.net
YRC Regional Transportation
YRC Regional Transportation Offers special discounts for American Welding Society members. Speed, reliability and regional expertise - precisely what members deserve. YRC Regional Transportation is comprised of New Penn, USF Holland, and USF Reddaway. Individually, they are leaders in next-day delivery, quality handling and on-time performance. Collectively, they are committed to delivering even more. Their comprehensive, best-in-class services include regional, expedited, guaranteed, consolidation & distribution and cross-border between the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Start saving today on your transportation services through the AWS/YRC Regional Program. Enrollment in the AWS Regional Shipping Program is free. To enroll, please fill out the registration form below and fax it back to 913.266.4040 or call your association benefits coordinator at 800.647.3061. Click here for the enrollment form
FABTECH VIP Passes
Receive Complimentary VIP passes to the annual FABTECH Show to distribute as perks to both customers and your most productive staff (upon request).